This position is responsible for establishing reporting and performing analyses to support the analytical needs of the North American Supply Chain team. Responsible for developing and maintaining dashboards and KPI reporting including owning data quality. Identifies trends and offers data-driven insights to support financial and service results. Supports strategic and executive reporting requirements. Performs complex analyses with advanced data sets and presents finding to leadership team. May oversee the work of less experienced Business Analysts.
- Develops and maintains complex databases/tools/dashboards to support various business functions with tracking financial and operational KPIs. Proactively identifies trends and offers insights.
- Performs complex analyses to solve business questions with advanced data sets and presents finding to leadership team.
- Design, develop and implement KPI Dashboards & Business Intelligence applications.
- Identifies data patterns & trends, and provides insights to enhance business decision making capability in business planning, process improvement, solution assessment etc.
- Recommends actions for future developments & strategic business opportunities.
- Works with stakeholders in Inventory Management, Supply Chain Operations, Transportation teams, and other internal and external Departments, as well as outside business partners to understand business requirements and execute required tools.
- Identifies, explores, articulates, and resolves issues surrounding data quality and analytic processes. Recommends best practices.
- Takes a leadership role on analytics projects, overseeing the work of less experienced Business Analysts on a project-by-project basis. Assists in training of new hires.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required and assigned.
Senior level professional; knowledge and full understanding of one or more disciplines and good knowledge of organization, processes and customers. Good judgment, strong analytical ability, evaluation, originality and ingenuity required to perform tasks. Know and apply the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of a particular field. Resolve issues and assignments in creative ways. Some assignments may be broad in nature. May serve as a resource to others to resolve complex problems and issues. May take on project co-lead role as required.
Work on problems of diverse scope and moderate impact where analysis of data requires a review of a variety of factors. Use best practices and knowledge of business strategy to solve complex problems; recommend solutions to business challenges. Demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Network with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
Receive minimal instruction on day-to-day work and general instruction on new projects or assignments. May act as a resource to provide informal guidance for TSMs (Team Schein Members) with less experience. Assignments can be broad in nature.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE:
Typically 5 to 7 or more years of increasing responsibility in terms of any applicable professional experience.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in related discipline. Master's degree or global equivalent a plus. May hold one or more industry certifications; professional certification may be required to advance.
GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Strong understanding of industry practices
- High proficiency with tools, systems, and procedures
- Good planning/organizational skills and techniques
- Good decision making, analysis and problem solving skills with ability to multi-task
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good presentation and public speaking skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good conflict resolution skills and ability to deliver difficult messages
- Ability to build partnerships at all levels within the company, begin to build partnerships externally
- · Resolve complex issues in effective ways
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft Access, Excel and Visual Basic.
- Working knowledge of ODBC and file transfer (AS400 to PC) applications.
- Working knowledge of AS400 files structure and layout.
- Working knowledge of WebFOCUS and Microstrategy Desktop a plus.