ENERGY FOR WHAT'S AHEAD
Are you looking to make a difference in your career? We're working on smarter grids, cleaner energy and tools to help people manage energy more efficiently.
About Transmission and Distribution
Southern California Edison's (SCE's) Transmission and Distribution Organizational Unit (T&D) is responsible for planning, engineering, constructing, operating, and maintaining transmission and distribution facilities throughout the 50,000-square-mile territory. T&D is the steward of roughly $19 billion in assets that safely and reliably deliver electricity to 15 million residents via SCE's 5 million customer accounts.
The Sr. Data Analyst is responsible for leading moderate to complex analyses and spearheading process improvements across T&D Training. This position will collaborate with management within and across T&D Training, Finance, Business Planning, Accounts Payable, and Procurement. The primary responsibilities for this position include data collection, analysis, and reporting of program(s) performance metrics reported on monthly basis, as well as more frequent ad hoc reporting for forecasting training programs, and/or general rate case reporting. The selected candidate will support budgeting and forecasting activities for T&D Training Programs. In addition, analyze, improve, streamline, document, and help execute best practices across the department.
- Work and/or provide guidance/training to other Analysts with data gathering, analyzing, monitoring, tracking, and reporting to streamline and improve processes, products, procedures and/or services.
- Responsible for making recommendations to leadership on business issues ranging from moderate to major impact to the department.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly performance metrics/reports using SAP/Finance and Success Factors Learning Management System, Excel, and Access databases.
- Gather, document, and analyze data/information from SAP.
- Use complex data, perform root cause analyses, develop various models/formulas and methodology alternatives, and explain findings to management, up to the Director.
- Work with stakeholders to develop, analyze, and implement training ad hoc reporting tools.
- Develop and/or streamline analytical reports to help determine business needs for day-to-day activities, future forecasting, or planning.
- Develop, review drafts of, and assist or make presentations for all levels of senior management.
- Identify innovative and effective reporting tools to analyze alternatives and develop future process flows.
- Four or more years of experience with data analysis and reporting utilizing Excel and Access Databases.
- Five or more years of experience in the field of data analysis.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Data analysis and reporting utilizing SAP and Success Factors Learning Management System.
- Mapping current / future state utilizing Visio.
- Streamlining and re-engineering processes.
- Experience in analyzing information and/or data and providing proposals and recommendations based off of analysis.
- Experience developing PowerPoint presentations and effectively communicating information to management and peers.
- Experience collaborating in cross-functional groups including peers, clients, management, and other organizations.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal skills.
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.