As market leader in enterprise application software, SAP helps companies of all sizes and industries innovate through simplification. From the back office to the boardroom, warehouse to storefront, on premise to cloud, desktop to mobile device – SAP empowers people and organizations to work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively to stay ahead of the competition. SAP applications and services enable customers to operate profitably, adapt continuously, and grow sustainably.
There is an incredible transformation happening in global business travel today. Industry data shows that 40-50% of employee business travel is booked outside of corporate travel systems, and this number will likely go up over time. This poses a major challenge for travel managers: If they don’t have visibility to these bookings, they cannot enforce policy or live up to their duty of care responsibilities. Concur TripLink is solving this problem, extending the value of corporate travel programs to all travel and capturing up to 100% of travel reservations, no matter where they are booked.
In addition, there is a massive shift in global business travel spending, and China has recently overtaken the United States as the number one business travel market in the world. Concur has partnered with Ctrip, the leading travel management company in China, and launched an integration that uses TripLink to connect Ctrip with Concur Request and Expense. China and other international markets will be critical drivers of Concur’s future growth.
In this role, you will directly contribute to the success of Concur Travel by leading analyses and providing business insights to support the data-driven decision making. You will report to the Sr Director of Product Management – Travel, and partner with stakeholders across the organization, external partners, and Concur clients to drive business results. You will work across product teams globally to assess the success of our existing products, identify areas for improvement, and help shape the product roadmap. You will be part of a very diverse, engaged, and fun team that is driving major innovations in an industry that is becoming increasingly more complex.
In the first 12 months you will deliver:
- TripLink client success: You will partner with the TripLink Client Success team to measure and drive TripLink success. The ability to quantify the value of TripLink with client case studies will be critical for the global success of the product. In addition, you will support the re-launch of TripLink in EMEA in 2018.
- Concur product support: You will work with the Concur Request and Locate teams to understand their businesses, identify their analytics needs, and provide an analytics roadmap to support their decision making. Concur Request has an exciting product roadmap with global opportunities including enhanced support in China and better Mobile support. Concur Request recently re-launched as a product, and there are clear opportunities to use analytics to drive increased client adoption.
In order to accomplish this you will need to:
- Partner with stakeholders to understand the problems they’re trying to solve, and structure analyses to address their business needs. The successful candidate will have excellent business acumen and an ownership mindset. We are not looking for an order taker who will produce data without first understanding the business problem.
- Be able to independently extract data out of Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, and produce impactful analyses with clear, actionable business insights. You are able to synthesize complex analyses and communicate succinctly with internal and external stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Have a strong attention to detail, high standards when it comes to data quality, and the ability to discover, cleanse and merge data across disparate data sources.
What do you need to bring?
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics)
- Proven track record (5+ years) leading successful Analytics projects that help drive business and product decisions in a fast paced and complex environment.
- Excellent data analytics skills using Big Data technologies such as Hadoop, Hive SQL, and Oozie. Python, Spark, and/or Jenkins a plus.
- Excellent reporting and data visualization skills ideally with Tableau and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate complex analyses to internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Industry experience in hospitality and travel is a plus.
- Positive attitude and a team player with a “roll up your sleeves” mindset.