The Sr. Data Analyst, Internal Audit will focus on driving data analytics/data science efforts that supportinternal audits and the development of a continuous auditing program. The position requires knowledge and experience of information systems, data analytics, data science, advanced data analysis tools and techniques, operational auditprocesses and objectives, and business processes. This position will work on large complex financial and non-financial problems using large datasets and apply array of advanced data science technologies.
- Develops and implements operational and tactical plans related to the implementation of data analysis in support of the Internal Audit function's goals and objectives. Consults and networks with management to develop leading practices and synergies of audit data analytics tactics, techniques, and procedures.
- Develops data analytics standards, strategies, and procedures in support of audits and projects.
- Partners with the members of the Internal Audit management team.
- Develops strong written deliverables, including reports and dashboards with business-relevant information. Presents analytics results to senior business leaders and Internal Audit leadership.
- Contributes to the design and development of continuous auditing and controls monitoring dashboards across multiple, disparate business areas.
- Understands industry-specific and relevant data analytics, business intelligence and quantitative analysis trends, techniques, and leading practices.
- Works with extremely large and complex data sets. Requires technical expertise and capacity to assist in the most complex data analytics efforts.
- Confers with business leaders, peers and managers to discuss audit business intelligence and auditquantitative analytic activities in order to resolve problems and recommend solutions.
- Train Internal Audit team members on use of analytics and the development of related objectives.
- Develop in-depth subject-matter-expertise in understanding key data sources and data lineage within the organization and effectively leverages knowledge to derive meaningful audit data analytics results.
- Advise and fulfill data analytics requests by auditors to address their specific needs, including data extractions using various business intelligence tools and programming software.
- Develop complex queries capable of aggregating data from multiple tables and assist in the evaluation of opportunities to deploy data analytics capabilities to expand internal audit coverage.
- Collaborate with business and technology stakeholders across the firm to stay abreast of changes to the data architecture and source new data for use in Audit Analytics.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degreerequired, in any of these relevant fields Computer Science, Information Systems, Data Science, Engineering, Statistics, etc., with a minimum of 3 years of experience. Master's degreepreferred.
Experience in data analytics, systems analysis, data warehousing and/or audit.
- Professional experience managing resources, effective team interactions, providing timely and constructive feedback, negotiating issues and resolving problems.
- Experience in the use of data analytics tools including experience in the management and/or use of data analytics tools and platforms such as SQL, IDEA, ACL, SAS, Tableau, R, PowerBI, Python, Hadoop, Teradata, and/or Splunk.
- Experience with ERP and Non-ERP systems data such as SAP, Oracle, JDE, Salesforce, ServiceMax, etc.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Relevant professional certification.
- Knowledge of data analytics in an audit environment.
- Desired knowledge of health and medical devices regulations; internal audit practices; risk management; and regulatory guidance and expectations (HIPPA, HITECH, FCPA, SOX).
- Strong knowledge and experience developing and delivering data analytics and continuous auditing/continuous monitoring programs.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Comfortable working and learning independently and as part of a team.
- Proven ability to work in a cross-functional and diverse team environment, across different functions and levels of management, and demonstrated sensitivity to cultural and geographical differences when interacting with others, including international.
- The ability to multitask while maintaining efficiency.
- Ability to travel as necessary 10 to 15% globally.
Job ID R-328917