Proven processes. Proven people. Proven performance by a trusted, award-winning solutions provider and partner.
Title: Sr. Data Analyst
Location: Chantilly, VA
Clearance Level: TS/SCI
The Data Analyst works on a critical mission requirement that will ultimately enable a more comprehensive, scalable, flexible data environment, and rigorous Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) ready analytic data environment for a key player in the IC.
The Data Analyst is responsible for the following:
- Identifying data gaps or issues with data formats.
- Provides analysis of daily business processes, working with business process reengineers and human factors engineers to ensure realistic solutions are recommended to improve daily operations while ensuring confidence of the real-world users.
- Applies past FMI database experience and knowledge to interpret existing workflows and policies. Runs use cases/use stories of existing information flows and workflows.
- Collaborates with stakeholders and external FMI database managers/users to gather known issues and recommended improvements for a new environment and maximize the information available from external FMI databases.
- Filters and cleans data by reviewing reports, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems.
- Implements controls and compliance metrics to reduce data issues and improve data quality and integrity. Identifies and leverages opportunities to continually improve the quality of data management systems, processes, and standards.
- Performs database queries, constructs data sets, and prepares analysis reports.
- Provides data definitions, establishes data quality expectations, ensuring compliance with those expectations, and analyzes and applies data.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 8-11+ years of experience*.
- Applied comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments.
- Ability to plan and lead major technology assignments.
- Experience evaluating performance results and recommending major changes affecting short-term project growth and success.
- Functional experience as a technical expert across multiple project assignments
- Ability to supervise others.
- Familiarity with datawarehousing.
- In depth exposure to SQL and analytics.
- Python statistical programming.
- Strong understanding of Hadoop based analytics (Hbase, Hive, etc.).
- Data storing and retrieving skills and tools.
- Familiar with various ETL tools - for transforming different sources of data into analytics data stores.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Hands-on experience in DIA and external FMI data repositories such as Cornerstone, FISHnet, FounDRI, GALE, MIDB, etc.
Education and Certifications:
- BA/BS in related field, additional 4 years of experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree*
- IAT Level II or III desired
About Us: Founded in 1987 and headquartered in Dumfries, VA, ALEX - Alternative Experts, LLC is an ISO 9001:2015-certified Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) that's changing the way government does business by delivering a powerful, industry-leading array of core services to help its clients achieve mission-critical objectives.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. Applicants must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to allow employees to meet the essential functions of the job, unless those accommodations cause undue hardships to the employer. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact the Human Resources Department at HumanResources@alexinc.com.
- Woman Owned Small Business
- VEVRAA Federal Contractor Affirmative Action Employer
- Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are highly encouraged to apply