Impact Networking is seeking cybersecurity professionals with solid security knowledge to assist with providing customer service centric assessments and ongoing support. The Impact Networking Managed IT Security division (MITSec) is a cybersecurity division responsible for assessing and implementing solutions and supporting client environments ranging in size from 10-500 users via security solutions. Impact provides 100% maintenance and management of the client’s security stack.
The role of the Cybersecurity Analyst (CSA) is challenging and rewarding. It requires a technical skillset, business acumen and interpersonal skills, and the ability to conduct thorough analysis of output security data. Being able to break down highly technical concepts to non-technical users is critical to client success. The overall focus of the job at Impact is always excellent customer service. We strive to ensure that our clients are happy, and that their networks are secure and running optimally. The primary job focus for the CSA is to assist the MITSec team with data analysis during client assessment, onboarding, and maintenance processes. They may also assist with the design and implementation of security solutions in client environments although their primary focus will be the analysis of assessment and solutions data.
The Cybersecurity Analyst will perform the following tasks:
- Working with a Business Development Specialist and a Cybersecurity Engineer, you may assist with prospective client engagements. This is a supporting role to help identify the specific compliance and security needs of the client.
- Security Assessment
- This process includes network discovery, vulnerability and penetration testing (internal/external), web application testing, social engineering, and analyzing access controls.
- Analysts will conduct research to verify potential vulnerabilities, exploits, and issues in the client environment
- Once this process is complete, the Cybersecurity Analyst works to analyze the data for production of a comprehensive report which outlines findings and recommendations.
- Assist with the implementation of recommendations made during the Cybersecurity Assessment process.
- Verify and in some cases implement specific solution setup requirements for the client. Solutions include ongoing vulnerability management, reoccurring penetration testing, endpoint protection, systems monitoring and analysis, etc.
- Perform regularly-scheduled solutions tasks to maintain the client security.
- Perform regular reviews of solution portals and dashboards, periodic reporting on requested data, and additional reoccurring scanning/testing/assessing of client solution states
- Respond to client security incident notifications by reviewing their validity and escalating them for review if determined to be legitimate
Things We Are Looking For
- A willingness to learn from team members
- Drive to improve client cybersecurity posture
- Passion for security culture and practice
- Desire to solve puzzles and/or find patterns within relevant data sets
- Ability to correlate scanning data to find potential vulnerabilities
- Experience with anti-virus software, intrusion detection/prevention systems, firewalls, and content filtering
- Knowledge of risk assessment tools, technologies, and methods
- Understanding of endpoint security solutions to include File Integrity Monitoring and Data Loss Prevention
- Knowledge of disaster recovery, computer forensic tools, technologies, and methods
- Experience researching and developing cybersecurity solutions
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python and PowerShell
- Knowledge of compliance requirements (HIPAA/PCI-DSS/SOX/GDPR/SOC/etc.)
- Ability to communicate network security issues to peers and management
- Ability to read and use the results of mobile code, malicious code, and anti-virus software
- Familiarity with the following cybersecurity products and technologies
- Kali Linux
- Cisco Meraki UTM
- Cylance EPP
- Cisco Umbrella DNS
- Proofpoint Email Protection
- BitWarden Password Manager
- Duo MFA
- Qualys Vulnerability Management
- Security Onion
- College graduates with focus on Computer Science, Cybersecurity, or Information Systems/Security or equivalent experience
- Certifications include, but not limited to, A+, Network+, Security+, CEH, CCNA, CISA, CISSP
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Must be able to do some light lifting