Strategic HR Outsourcing Solutions (SOS HR) is a boutique RPO (Recruiting Process Outsourcing) firm specializing in all areas of Human Resources and Talent Acquisition/Recruiting. Our core expertise is in the area of HR Consulting, Staff Augmentation, Recruiting from A – Z, and Professional Services.
We attribute our record of growth to our thriving base of highly motivated, results-driven management team, employees, and consultant. If you have a positive attitude, strong work ethic, great customer service and the willingness to learn, then we want to talk to you!
We have a customer that has the below need for a perm position at the Aberdeen Proving Ground in Aberdeen, Maryland. Must possess an active TS/SCI.
Join the Company's Security Engineering team to help architect and engineer systems that utilize existing and emerging cross-domain technologies for the Department of Defense (DoD). In this role, you will have the opportunity to perform systems engineering of cross-domain solutions (CDS) as part of larger systems engineering efforts. You will support the development of system designs that meet both mission functional requirements and security policy and assurance requirements. This position is conducted in a lab environment and at other operational site(s) with a variety of CDS and cutting-edge technologies. You will be able to develop solutions and analyze alternatives for a variety of customers.
Key Job Functions
The Company's Information System Security team seeks an experienced Sr. Cyber Security Engineer to provide technical expertise to help deploy system-level solutions.
In this role, you will:
• Develop the Authorization & Assessment (A&A) BoE to meet DoD and Federal directives
• Support the operational requirements to discern technical and administrative cybersecurity requirements and implement those requirements to meet DoD and Federal laws and directive
• Assess operational requirements to discern technical and administrative A&A requirements and develop project plan/schedules
• Assess the Information Assurance Vulnerability Message (IAVM) requirements to mitigate any findings within required timeframe and produce POA&M to support any IAVMs that are not within compliance
• Provide support to design and development of system to meet end-user requirements
• Perform computer and/or networksecurity vulnerability assessments to identify, evaluate and mitigate securityrisks, threats and vulnerabilities
• Assess the operational requirements to discern technical and administrative project management requirements
• Provide engineering analysis, design recommendations, and support
• Monitor securityaudit and intrusion detection system logs for system and network anomalies
• Develop, implement and monitor technical access control methods to ensure the operational integrity of the system and data
• Develop detailed engineering specifications, diagrams and documentation
• Review and recommend the installation, modification or replacement of hardware or software components and any configuration change(s) that affects security
• Provide enforcement of security directives, orders, standards, plans and procedures at server sites.
• Thorough implementation experience of the DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) lifecycle (Step 1 – Step 6) for various information systems (single node to large (100+ node) heterogeneous architectures)
• Thorough implementation experience of selecting and engineering security controls via NIST SP 800-53.
• Thorough implementation experience of selecting and engineering National Security System security controls via CNSSI 1253
• Thorough experience in assessing the technical and administrative implementation of security controls in accordance with NIST SP 800-53A
• Thorough implementation experience with the Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS)
• Demonstrated knowledge of Information Assurance (IA) and enterprise IA solutions
• Ability to applysecurity principles and mechanisms to single node/application systems and enterprise system designs
• Knowledge of networking, software development, scriptinglanguages, software
integration or related skills
• Experience with networking protocols and understanding of security related technologies including encryption, IPsec, PKI, VPNs, firewalls, proxy services, DNS, and access-lists
• Experience with the DoD RMF, ICD 503, CNSSI 1253 and NIST Special Publications
• Experience with the DoD Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGS), Security Requirements Guides (SRG) and industry best practices for various applications
• Experience with DoD Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) and Host Based Security Suite (HBSS) applications
An individual must meet the following criteria in order to be considered:
• U.S. Citizen
• Pass a background investigation
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field preferred.
• Possess a Top Secret/ Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI)
• 10+ years of experience in network, host, data and/or application security in multiple operating system environments.
• Possess DoD 8570 compliant security certifications to meet IAT II and/or III requirements (CISSP, CCNA, etc.)
• Applicant selected will be subject to a government background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information
• Travel up to 25%
We and our client are an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer that understands the value of diversity and its impact on a high performance culture.