The Sr Cyber Security Analyst plays a central role in the identification and management ofcyberrisk for the University. Byworking with technical and nontechnical stakeholders, this individual analyzes andreports onrisks to the University's information and technology operations while making recommendations for improvement.
- Performs regular analysis and reporting on emerging threats, the University posture with respect to vulnerability, incident detection and response
- Provides oversite of the information security plan and coordination across functional areas within the University where information and operations are maintained.
- Ensures compliance of information security plan with respect to common higher education regulatory requirements.
- Coordinates periodic testing of the OIT disaster recovery plan.
- Maintains and operates a variety of security tools including oversight of automation for real time incident alerts.
- Provides documentation, deployment, review and maintenance of information security policies, standards, guidelines and procedures.
- Provides technical consulting to other groups within the University on security requirements including initial risk assessment and requirements.
- Provides reports and other information related to information security issues as requested by management and human resources.
- Recommends best practices to ensure system security across the enterprise including end-point systems, servers, network and general information handling.
- Serves as a catalyst for measuring riskassociated with all new cyber assets acquired by the University
- May occasionally perform confidential investigations in response to events in conjunction with campus physical security and human resources.
- Combines subject matter expertise and continuous professional development to make recommendations for the improvement of the cybersecurity program.
- Can work independently with minimal guidance, but works well within a team while capable of influencing outside stakeholders
- Acts as a mentor for colleagues with less experience in cybersecurity.
- Serving as a member of the campus community this individual will occasionally lead open and targeted training sessions to faculty, staff and students.
- Other duties as assigned
- Five years prior cybersecurityexperience and a degree in information technology, computer science or experience in relevant field.
- Successful candidate must complete an employment and/or criminal background check.
- Experience in an educational environment
- Experience working with the NIST cybersecurity framework
- CISSP Certification, SSCP, GSEC or other security industry certification
Reference #: J18034