Sr. Cyber Engineer
US-NY-New York City
- View All Jobs
Share This Job
Forcepoint is transforming cybersecurity by focusing on what matters most: understanding people’s intent as they interact with critical data and intellectual property wherever it resides. Our uncompromising systems enable companies to empower employees with unobstructed access to confidential data while protecting intellectual property and simplifying compliance. Based in Austin, Texas, Forcepoint supports more than 20,000 organizations worldwide. For more about Forcepoint, visit www.Forcepoint.com and follow us on Twitter at @ForcepointSec.
Forcepoint is seeking a qualified, full-time professional services engineer to facilitate installation, configuration, integration, and training of our Forcepoint UEBA product. This individual must be highly motivated, have great interpersonal skills, and be technically proficient, especially with Linux administration and networking.
The successful candidate will work directly with Forcepoint customers to install, configure, and set up ongoing monitoring for solutions to complex real-world problems using Forcepoint UEBA. This will also include performing and automating ongoing monitoring of client environments, troubleshooting and resolving issues with data ingest, analytic configurations, backup, and connectivity.
The successful candidate will be offered specialized training to support our technology and is expected to become proficient in all aspects of complex software solution deployment. Additionally, the professional services engineer will provide training, troubleshooting, and on-site/remote support to customers. Remote work location will be considered. This position requires up to 75% travel domestic and international as needed to meet customer and project requirements.
- Oversee security, monitoring, and management for customers that have opted for managed services
- Lead installation, configuration, integration, and training efforts for Forcepoint UEBA
- Provide training, troubleshooting, and on-site support to customers, including version upgrades
- Prepare technical documentation to include as-built design, requirements, and Standard Operating Procedures
- Lead complex troubleshooting efforts and on-site/remote support
- Staff a customer support desk
- Coordinate tasks and activities with various groups within Forcepoint and partners
- Work with Sales/Customer Success on scoping deployment, management, etc. aspects of POCs and SOWs for prospects and customers
Education, Experience, and Skills
- BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Security or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 3 years experience in an OPS Engineer, System Administrator, or related role
- Ability to work as part of a larger customer satisfaction team to ensure adoption of Forcepoint UEBA by our customers
- Proven ability to collaborate with clients, engineering, and management to solve complex issues
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot problems quickly and restore client environments to an operational state
- Experience with network and system administration tools including a deep knowledge of Linux, specifically Redhat based OS’s (RHEL, CentOS, AMI Linux, etc)
- Strong working knowledge of Elasticsearch, Node.JS, Java, RabbitMQ, and Hadoop
- Strong working knowledge of scripting languages like Python, Perl, or Ruby
- Strong working knowledge of configuration managements solutions such as Chef, Puppet, and Ansible
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Data industry experience – application integration/ETL, BI, big data, analytic applications, enterprise architecture, Cloud solutions
- Must be a US Citizen in possession of a valid U.S. Passport
- Desired Certifications: SANS GSEC, CISSP, Security+