GTT provides secure global connectivity, improving network performance and agility for your people, places, applications, and clouds. We operate a global Tier 1 internet network and provide a comprehensive suite of cloud networking and managed solutions that utilize advanced software-defined networking and security technologies.
We serve thousands of businesses with a portfolio that includes SD-WAN and other WAN services, internet, security, and voice services. Our customers benefit from a customer-first service experience underpinned by our commitment to operational excellence. For more information on GTT, please visit
The Senior Customer Success Manager role is a customer-facing role, hyper focused on ensuring GTT customers achieve their objectives through our products and services. This role builds a deep understanding of the customer’s priorities and assures that they are receiving the value they expect. You will build lasting relationships with our most important clients, built on trust and loyalty that increases satisfaction, maximizes the GTT experience and ultimately drives revenue retention and growth. You are the voice of the customer within GTT, ensuring your customers can see value each day across the products and services they use.
This role is a mentor for other Customer Success Managers. Has the knowledge and experience to assist other Customer Success Managers with all tasks. Has proven track record with managing large or strategic account customer base and demonstrated experience helping customers achieve success with our products and services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Is a pillar for effective communication techniques and how to establish relationships with peers and customers alike.
- Engaged with customers throughout their lifecycle at all the moments that matter.
- Serve as the single point of contact, ensuring satisfactory resolution of issues including coordination of cross-departmental GTT resources (e.g., Service Assurance, Service Delivery) for the customer, helping to direct issues to the appropriate internal teams.
- Provide new client onboarding, with an introduction to customer portal, key processes and first invoice review.
- Understanding and relevant treatment of customers who are a good fit for our products and services.
- Develop understanding of customer priorities and challenges, helping them see shared success.
- Focus on quality of execution; QBRs, Health checks, Account planning and at-risk customer strategies.
- Develop and execute strategic business reviews through senior leadership to share progress, metrics, wins and recommendations for the future (products and services) (QBR)
- Identify and support process improvement opportunities across the organization.
- Strategic account planning - Build account expansion and retention plan with Account Executive with clear objectives, requirements and action plan that delineates roles, responsibilities, and targets with the aim of driving value within their current contract with GTT.
- Funnel leads and information through sales leadership to grow revenue via upsells while providing an ideal customer experience.
- Contract Renewal. Understand assigned base of accounts relative to contract expiration, buying cycles and key contacts and work with account team to develop and execute renewal strategy
- Manage overall customer metrics, including usage data, health indicators and renewal dates to align with customer objectives
- Accurately and proactively manage renewal opportunities and forecast churn and save events
- College degree and 5-7 years professional level experience; or 9+ years professional level related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related experience
- 5+ years customer relationship management experience
- Experience working with large and medium enterprise customers
- Ability to work closely with the customer and effectively negotiate directly with the customer and internally on their behalf
- Effective and confident decision-making skills based on business and financial principles
- Experience in collaborating and guiding cross-functional teams (e.g., Sales, Product, Marketing, Service Delivery)
- Experience presenting or communicating in a professional environment
- Resourceful problem solving, organized and process-oriented
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and structured environment
- An advanced understanding of software and technology solutions
- Ability to convey complicated ideas to technical and nontechnical audiences
- Analytical thinking
- An extraordinary understanding of customer service and success
- Service Excellence: Knowledge of customer service concepts and techniques; ability to meet or exceed customer needs and expectations and provide excellent service in a direct or indirect manner.
- Accuracy and Attention to Detail: Understanding the necessity and value of accuracy; ability to complete tasks with high levels of precision.
- Flexibility and Adaptability: Knowledge of successful approaches and techniques for dealing with change; ability to adapt to a changing environment and be comfortable with change.
- Initiative: Being proactive and committing to action on self-identified job responsibilities and challenges; ability to seek out work and the drive to accomplish goals.
- Teamwork: Knowledge of the necessity and value of teamwork; experience with; ability to work cooperatively towards shared goals and being supportive of others at all levels.
- Cross-Team Integration: Understanding of the importance of inter-team collaboration in breaking down silos and achieving business results; ability to lead employees from various functions to communicate, coordinate work across divisions, and collaborate in solving problems as one team.
- Client Relationship Management: Knowledge of client relationship; ability to address critical issues to meet client needs and maintain engaged, partnering relationship with business partners and clients.
- Continuous Improvement: Knowledge of transformation initiatives to drive fundamental changes, enhance responsiveness and efficiency to core business practices. Ability to drive cultural changes from best effort to results oriented.
- Customer First (Customer Facing): Knowledge of internal customer interactions, creating a culture of accountability, collaboration, and partnership. Ability to build an environment supporting internal customer value creation at every level.
- Operational Excellence: Understanding the system-driven processes for consistency and scalability. Ability to re-focus processes and systems from integration activity to maximizing a positive customer impact and anticipating future trends.
Salary Range: 70,000 - 95,000 depends on experience.
GTT provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GTT complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
GTT expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of GTT’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.