This position is a rare opportunity to join a rapidly growing company and make a positive impact in many people's lives. At Coding Dojo we pride ourselves on possessing a culture of execution that caters to wave makers rather than wave riders. If you're interested in joining a diverse and dynamic team who value speed, continuous improvement, measurement, focus, accountability, and always attacking the gap, you'll feel right at home at Coding Dojo.
Drive the customer engagement CRM marketing channels (email + SMS) strategy for Coding Dojo on a national scale end-to-end with specific concentration in acquisition, retention and referral optimization. Your challenge is to lead strategy and execution of scalable, predictable and repeatable programs that achieve growth targets while improving customer retention. In addition to owning marketing touchpoints, you’ll take the lead in journey strategy, design and project management.
Weekly Main Responsibilities
- Administer the marketing email automation system, including the execution of strategic program/automation design; monitors data hygiene in and out of the marketing automation platform.
- Manage campaign execution end-to-end: develop campaign briefs, oversee creative production, set measurement plans, secure legal requirements and approvals, flight final campaign creatives, optimize as necessary and report on performance
- Manage segmentation practices across automations and emails promos (one-time sends) to reduce email list to optimize engagement.
- Serve as the email and SMS marketing expert, providing strategic support and guidance, as needed, with regards to best practices, reputation management, and technical specifications regarding email, email deliverability and email compliance.
- Develop and deploy email nurture programs and 1-off email sends while analyzing email campaign data to determine what is working and not working; run A/B tests to vet champion/challenger hypotheses and deliver campaign performance improvement. Continuously work to improve email KPIs.
- Use customer segmentation data to enhance the effectiveness of automation and event-triggered marketing activities through tailored messaging, channel usage, customer targeting, and timing, generating demand and nurturing interest at scale across our customer base.
Other Main Responsibilities
- Regularly perform an in-depth analysis of the entire campaign portfolio to ensure end KPIs are being met, and to identify underperforming campaigns.
- Maintain email best practices including browser compatibility, the appearance of subject lines, use of images, etc.
- Maintain annual roadmap for marketing automation platform based on strategic marketing goals and business objectives.
- Define, own, and execute the email engagement strategy by developing and scaling programs for segmented and product cohorts.
- Develop and execute strategies to maximize customer lifetime value, retention, and advocacy across all channels, rooted in data with clear objectives and KPIs.
- Monitor the health of our multi-channel (Email, SMS) subscriber base, leadgen tactics (eg. on-site lead capture), and daily channel/campaign performance.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to analyze gathered insights and analytics related to disengagement points throughout the customer lifecycle and gather qualitative feedback to support sales enablement initiatives
- Minimum 5 – 7 years in lifecycle/CRM, email marketing and/or automation marketing roles.
- 5 years of experience with CRM/ESP tools such as Marketo or Salesforce (Hubspot preferred).
- 3+ years of email segmentation using CRM/ESP tools.
- Concrete track record of developing email marketing programs and driving business value across owned channels (email and sms).
- Agility, to adjust on the fly to changes in scope, deadlines or asset availability.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, while proactively sharing timely. status updates and information with partners.
- SME of email concepts, design and best practices.
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS, preferably for email.
- Must have reliable internet and equipment to perform all job duties.
- College Degree preferred.
- Advanced skills in Excel (pivot tables and formulas), PowerPoint and GSuite tools.
- Proficient in Photoshop/Illustrator with ability to design creative a major plus.
- Familiarity with Tableau a plus.
- Management experience preferred.