The Sr Credit Risk Modeling Analyst is responsible for the development and management of credit risk modeling used by the credit union for loan or deposit originations, account management, collections, loan loss forecasting, capital plans and stress testing. This person will manage credit risk model development and implementation independently and through collaboration with stakeholders throughout the credit union.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with BECU Competencies, compliance, regulatory and Information Protection requirements.
- Develop, document and provide high-level support of Probability of Default (PD) models.
- Research and apply enhancements to existing suite of models to improve accuracy.
- Work closely with business and product management to provide value added solutions for the enhancement of risk-return tradeoff.
- Participate in annual model reviews and performance testing.
- Manage the data request and systems testing process.
- Working with senior members of the team on all aspects of the advanced credit risk models development life cycle.
- Actively participate in team meetings on model development.
- Develop and produce loan loss forecast models for all loan types and other credit related model inputs for strategic planning, NCUA-required capital plans and stress testing deliverables.
- Deliver regular reports of modeling and loan loss results to include impacts of originations, servicing, collection, loss mitigation and asset liquidation strategies and performance.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge relating to loan portfolio trends and composition, while analyzing and presenting model outputs.
- Utilize data warehouse information, along with model results, to assist in the development of credit risk management credit risk strategies.
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies and effectiveness, including reporting requirements.
- Develop and maintain model documentation, change control documentation and strategy validation documentation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or economics, with course work in statistics, or equivalent work or education-related experience required. Master’s Degree in related discipline preferred.
- Minimum five years of experience in credit risk analytics, including model development and maintenance for real estate secure loan products (mortgage, home equity), auto, credit card or commercial loan products required.
- Proficiency with statistical analytical packages such as SAS, SPSS, Stata and/or R, and SQL required.
- Experience with loss forecasting, default management and credit risk modeling, reporting and analytics required, to include models that produce Probability of Default, Exposure at Default, and Loss Given Default; capital planning and stress testing, preferred.
- Familiarity with modelling techniques including logistic regression, multivariate analysis, and Monte Carlo preferred.
- Familiarity with Comprehensive Capital Analysis Review (CCAR), Dodd-Frank Act Stress Testing (DFAST), Basel Regulatory Capital Framework, Current Expected Credit Losses (CECL) preferred.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate and provide customer service required.
- Ability to communicate complex issues/ideas with clarity, and implications to Credit Union strategy and value creation.
- Ability to interact with management officials at all levels, as well as other risk and model management personnel throughout the Credit Union.
- Ability to analyze and reconcile large volume of data so that it can be summarized and eventually used for management decisions.
- Full time hours required with additional hours as necessary.