At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We're investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people's lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we're a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Responsible for contributing to credit portfolio quality and processing of requests for credit extension with extensive focus on credit relationship portfolio management and credit underwriting activities with the relationship management team. Analyzes, underwrites and recommends decisions on credit requests generated by relationship managers from commercial companies. Monitors, tracks and manages the credit portfolio with the goal of minimizing credit losses and maintaining compliance with credit review policy while keeping the office manager current on any credit issues that require attention. As a seasoned lender, takes primary responsibility for managing the credit needs of a portfolio of 15 or more commercial banking relationships.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Supports unit's growth and profitability through underwriting credit requests and proactively monitoring credit portfolio.
- Together with Relationship Manager, takes primary responsibility for managing credit needs of a portfolio of 15 or more commercial banking relationships providing consultative underwriting advice, credit analysis, and ongoing monitoring of credit products and services to meet customer's needs and minimize credit losses to the Bank.
- Develops innovative credit solutions to meet customer/prospect credit needs.
- Works closely with other CBG Departments (e.g. Cash Management, Capital Markets, Equipment Leasing, Trade Finance), and other major areas of the Bank to manage the risk of complex financial products and services.
- Ensures development and preparation of effective proposals for presentation to existing and potential customers.
- Participates, oversees, and assists in the preparation of CRRs, recommending credit facilities by signing final document. Ensures credit facilities and transactions are properly structured, priced, and documented.
- Ensures quality control and risk management of relationships managed. Identifies, classifies, and monitors problems or potential problem loans in compliance with the internal credit review policy. Tracks and monitors receipt of financial reporting and covenant compliance certificates. Attempts to collect on accounts that are delinquent including negotiating payment schedules, obtaining proper pre-approval if required.
- Interacts with Credit Administration, Appraisal, Legal, and other related Bank personnel regarding issues of credit quality, appropriate compensation for risk, as well as new business and related trends.
- Views credit quality as personal obligation; exhibits independent judgment; ensures balanced loan presentations; responsible for on-going account monitoring; proactive in problem detection/resolution; maintains balance between growth and credit quality.
- May act as a specialist for the Bank in specific industry. Keeps current on all economic and other issues impacting industry.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree required with concentration in business, finance, or accounting or equivalent college coursework
- Minimum of 7 years' experience of demonstrated commercial credit underwriting and loan structuring experience with middle & large corporate transactions
- Demonstrated capability in advanced financial and cash flow analysis
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Ability to perform independently with a minimum of supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Good organizational skills.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations. Primary Location:
United States-Arizona-TempeJob Type:
Business / Commercial Banking