Job Purpose and Scope:
The Senior Credit Data Analytics Officer ('SCDO') Reports to the Managing Director, Analytics and Modeling ('Managing Director') and contributes to the overall quality of risk management across Bank OZK ('the Bank') by assisting the Managing Director in thedevelopment, implementation, and management of the Bank's Portfolio and Credit Data Analytics Program ('Programs'). The SCDO is an ambassador of the Analytics Department, and is instrumental in the development and implementation of the Programs, as well as in educating key stakeholders throughout the Bank. The SCDO will assist the Managing Director with all aspects of the Programs which include developing repeatable, auditable, and sustainable analytics processes, reporting, and analysis which will inform management and enhance risk management of the Bank's consumer and commercial loan portfolios. The SCDO will also support data analytics for all programs managed by the Managing Director, which may include Dodd Frank Act Stress Testing, Credit Risk Scorecards, Current Expected Credit Losses, CRE Portfolio Stress Testing, etc. Additionally, the role will be instrumental in preparing stakeholder education, board quality meeting minutes evidencing meeting events and outcomes, and setting meeting agendas.
Essential Job Functions:
- Leads the development of a sustainable, auditable, and repeatable credit and portfolio analytics program that provides senior management with reporting and analysis that enhances risk and portfolio management for the commercial and consumer business lines.
- Provides analytical support to the Managing Director of Analytics and Modeling and other leaders within Corporate Risk Management, as well as commercial and consumer lending business lines.
- Establishes rapport with stakeholders throughout the Bank and building partnerships and the trust necessary to play a role in implementing and maintaining a credit and portfolio analytics program.
- Develops a recurring schedule of analytics reporting on the Bank's commercial and consumer loan portfolio using SAS, R, VBA, PL/SQL, PowerBI, and/or other tools.
- Works with the Managing Director of Analytics and Modeling or designee, research and craft an analysis of credit risk analytics reporting which may supplement management and Board reporting.
- Leverages existing Bank reporting to extract data and develop reporting which supports all Analytics and Modeling initiatives, which may include Dodd Frank Act Stress Testing, Current Expected Credit Losses, CRE Portfolio Stress Testing, Credit Risk Scorecards, and/or other projects.
- Commits to learning the skills necessary to execute modeling work streams in SAS in support of Analytics and Modeling initiatives.
- Assists with and supports the training of Bank staff on the use of analytical tools for various business cases.
- Develops and delivers recurring analytics reporting and analysis to the Managing Director of Analytics and Modeling.
- Supports senior leaders, business unit managers with risk information, analyses, and reporting on the consumer and commercial business lines.
- Participates in meetings with stakeholders to convey purpose, outline expectations, and collaborate on thedevelopment of Credit Risk Management Programs.
- Assists with the identification and performance of market risk analyses and provides to the Director on a quarterly basis for inclusion with quarterly risk profile reports and presentations made to the Executive Risk Council and theBoard of Directors.
- Provides objective and independent advice, consultation and risk management support according to the Bank's data and frameworks and tools.
- Assists with the communication and escalation of matters of significant risk to senior leaders and business unit managers, with a strong focus on identification of quantifiable patterns and trends.
- Collaborates with colleagues and managers within CRMG to facilitate the exchange of risk and control information about the business units within their area of responsibility.
- Manages, trains and mentors data stewards and credit data analysts of varying experience and ability.
- Assists the Director in the development of risk education.
- Delivers risk education to business unit managers and staff.
- Maintains good punctuality and attendance to work.
- Regularly exercises discretion and judgment in the performance of essential job functions.
- Follows Bank policy, procedures and guidelines.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of credit risk management, analytics and stress testing frameworks and principles.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel data management techniques for analysis and reporting.
- Knowledge of the financial services regulatory environment.
- Knowledge of commercial and consumer credit analysis and risk metrics.
- Knowledge of the fundamental principles of SAS, SQL, or other query and analytics software.
- Knowledge of bank operations, including trust and asset management, regulatory compliance, finance and treasury, credit, and lending.
- Knowledge of DFAST requirements, program development, implementation, and reporting requirements.
- Knowledge of Enhanced Risk Management guidance from prudential regulatory agencies.
- Knowledge of corporate governance principles, including policy construct, in large banking institutions.
- Knowledge of modeling principles and processes, and data quality fundamentals and techniques.
- Knowledge of origination, underwriting, and portfolio management techniques for commercial and consumer loan portfolios; commercial real estate experience.
- Knowledge of and comfort with trend analyses and root cause determination.
- Knowledge of capital management, liquidity, financial reporting, and interest rate management modeling techniques.
- Ability to use critical thinking and creativity to solve business problems.
- Ability to demonstrate effective facilitation and presentation skills, as well as strong interpersonal, communication, and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to operate and work collaboratively in a fast-paced, unpredictable environment, with tight deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple work streams and deliverables, and coordinate across functional initiatives.
- Ability to develop and execute queries and/or reporting for large data sets.
- Ability to document procedures for execution of structured queries and reporting code.
- Ability to produce high-quality documents, presentations, and analyses.
- Skill in using computer and Microsoft Office products, including Word and Excel.
Equipment Used in Job Performance/Working Environment:
- SQL, SAS, PowerBI, R, and similar tools
- Multi-function device
Major Job Demands (Physical/Mental):
- Bachelor degree in business administration, accounting, finance, business analytics, or related disciplines, or commensurate work experience, required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of work experience and/or education in a financial services environment, analytics, credit, commercial lending, and/or finance required.
- Prior work experience with SAS, R, VBA, or PL/SQL required.
- Prior work experience developing and executing queries and/or reporting for large data sets required.
- Prior work experience documenting procedures for execution of structured queries and reporting code required.
- Prior work experience with Enterprise Risk Management frameworks and programs required.
- Prior experience with origination, underwriting, and portfolio management techniques for commercial and consumer loan portfolios; commercial real estate experience preferred.
Bank OZK is an equal opportunity employer and give consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard torace, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, and local law. Member FDIC.