A Great Place to Work
Last year, we transformed the P2P payments industry with Zelle. 247-million transactions and $75-billion later, consumers love us as much as our amazing team of talented people. Come join the most INNOVATIVE FinTech company in Arizona.
This position provides overall strategic leadership and management of litigation and other legal proceedings filed against or on behalf of the company to protect Early Warning’s legal interests. This position will be an integral part of the broader legal team providing comprehensive legal support to the entire company.
- Independently manage litigation and other legal proceedings filed against or on behalf of the company
- Drive effective litigation strategy aligned with company interests and philosophy
- Manage key processes involved in litigation supervision, including: legal holds, e-discovery and document management; selection and supervision of litigation counsel; coordination with insurance carriers on coverage, filing notices of claims and strategic case management; assisting counsel with witness preparation; monitoring developments in case discovery, pleadings, and motions; monitoring defense costs and expenses; evaluating settlement potential and approving settlements or requesting settlement authority from management where warranted
- Oversee and collaborate with internal clients to resolve pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries
- Oversee and manage responses to third party (including government agency and law enforcement) legal requests for documents
- Act as a legal point of contact and partner with key departments to proactively identify and develop strategies to mitigate litigation risk associated with business operations
- Prepare written legal assessments, positions, and recommendations on the merits of lawsuits and other legal proceedings filed against or on behalf of the company
- With engagement of outside counsel as needed, provide counsel to, and work closely with, the Human Resource Department on employee relations, discipline, terminations, and overall strategy for managing risk around employment matters
- Direct or conduct internal investigations as needed
- Advise in resolution of complaints raised by consumers, Federal and State regulatory agencies, industry advocacy groups, and congressional representatives as needed
- Develop and maintain an effective system for reporting, tracking, and trending lawsuits
- Report on a periodic basis to the General Counsel, senior management and the Audit Committee regarding the status of and exposure associated with lawsuits and other legal proceedings
- Develop, update and maintain corporate policies and procedures related to corporate litigation, investigations and legal requests for documents
- Assist with corporate governance functions and statutory filings
- Provides effective leadership and develops and manages a highly engaged, high performance team.
- Complies with all security policies and procedures, to ensure that the highest level of system and data confidentiality, integrity and availability is maintained.
- Juris Doctor from accredited law school; admission to Arizona or other State bar
- Eight or more years of relevant legal experience, preferably a combination as an attorney in a law firm and as an in-house counsel
- Prior experiencein consumer financial services litigation preferred
- Strong presentation skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong business acumen—the ability to be forward-thinking and innovative while understanding our business needs and limitations
- Demonstrated experience identifying and resolving legal issues quickly and effectively, with an ability to make real-time decisions with imperfect information
- Ability to comprehend and communicate complex law and regulation and judicial and regulatory interpretations of law and regulations to internal clients at all levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills to build partnerships and alliances internally and with external partners at all levels of the organization
- Highly effective working in a team environment
- Proactive self-starter
- Organized with ability to prioritize multiple tasks and achieve objectives in a fast-paced environment
- Prior experience effectively managing legal support staff and outside legal resources.
- Unyielding commitment to highest professional ethics
- Ability to maintain professional licensing and memberships in appropriate professional organizations
- Background and drug screen
Employee must be able to perform essential functions and physical requirements of position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Working conditions consist of a normal office environment. Work is primarily sedentary and requires extensive use of a computer and involves sitting for periods of approximately four hours. Work may require occasional standing, walking, kneeling, and reaching. Must be able to lift 10 pounds occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently. Requires visual acuity and dexterity to view, prepare, and manipulate documents and office equipment including personal computers. Requires the ability to communicate with internal and/or external customers.
Candidates responding to this posting must independently possess the eligibility to work in the United States at the date of hire
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow instructions and perform other related duties as assigned by their supervisor.
Early Warning Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Early Warning is an equal opportunity employer that takes affirmative action to employ, and advance in employment, qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and covered veterans.