McDermott has an immediate opening for a Sr. Cost Controls Specialist with Oil & Gas experience in Lake Charles, LA. The Sr. Cost Control Specialist will administer activities associated with contracts for services, purchase of equipment, materials, or products for a project. Participates in and/or conducts proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration and customer contact activities.
- Prepare Project Forecast monthly;
- Support the Management during the contract changes/claims process
- Monitor, for subcontracts and other significant items, progress and the value of work done against the invoices received, determining the monthly accruals (to have accounts in line with works progress)
- Monitor cost coding system is properly applied and information flow is correct and complete.
- Analyze committed costs and activities to-date, actual vs budget, performance and productivity.
- Prepare Project cash flows.
- Perform cost analysis and advise project leaders on cost over-runs.
- Organize and coordinate the risk assessment/ review meetings.
- Set-up and update periodically the "Risk and Opportunity Register" and the relevant project risk status report.
- Perform any other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, Constructions Management or related fields.
- 10 years’ experience in a similar role. Power Experience is a MUST
- Good knowledge of MS Office.
- Problem-solving Attitude.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team to ensure business goals
- High level of coordination skills to gather cost data from project leaders, finance and accounts department Demonstrated effectiveness in prioritizing multiple tasks, monitoring progress, and managing efforts to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in working with others in a multifunctional team
- JDE and PIMS
- Power experience on combined cycle projects.