My Grand Rapids, MI client is in need of a Sr. Cost Analytics Analyst to join the Procurement and Supply Chain team. The Sr. Cost Analyst will provide market analytics to leadership and other managers. This position will also support the development, deployment and training of should cost models, total cost of ownership models, and cost breakdown models to support value chain analytics. You will lead the interactions with third party providers to track market intelligence data on key commodities, currencies, and global economics. Lead in the development and maintenance of cost models (Should Cost, Total Cost of Ownership, Cost Breakdowns) to assist the Procurement teams to ensure analysis of all costs are considered during the sourcing and negotiation. Utilize Should Cost tools to establish detailed cost analysis breakdown for use in design for cost and commercial validation and negotiation. Provide cost forecasts and analysis for new product development.
Skills Necessary for this position include:
• Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Supply Chain/ Procurement or Finance.
• 5+ years of work experience in sourcing, engineering and/ or finance disciplines, with strong knowledge of material cost analysis and modeling.
• Strong capabilities in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office programs.
• Supply Chain and Financial modeling tools.
• Collaborative and effective team player and able to work with teams who are globally dispersed
• Ability to travel up to 10% of the time.