Headquartered in Charlotte, N.C. with manufacturing and service facilities throughout North America, Wastequip is the leading North American manufacturer of waste handling equipment. Wastequip is the only manufacturer to offer a full line of steel and plastic products to collect, handle and transport just about any type of waste and recyclables.
The Senior Cost Accountant has the responsibility to effectively manage the cost and financial responsibilities of the site(s) in order to improve business performance. Additional responsibility includes forecasting, analyzing current business performance, conducting prospective cost analysis for projects, business initiatives, and services.
Primary or Major Responsibilities:
- Cost accounting, including inventory valuation, allocations of Material/labor Cost accumulation for multiple sites.
- Support corporate accounting/finance in the monthly close process to ensure proper accounting treatment of transactions and thorough financial reporting and analysis
- Support and partner on continuous process and procedural improvements, including documentation of specific improvements
- Lead and facilitate engagement between finance and non-finance executives to drive decisions for the supported business.
- Identify opportunities to improve near term financial performance and to focus on the strategic priorities necessary to achieve the longer-term profitable growth targets for the supported business.
- Identify and communicate cost models’ outliers to ensure accurate costing information
- Monitor operations performance, track improvements, identify sources of variances, highlight risks and work with partners to resolve issues.
- Build strong partnerships with manufacturing, engineering and other supporting departments in the company to align requirements, provide insightful business and financial dashboards and reporting on key matters.
- Forecast Operating and capital expenditures with continuous monitoring and assessment of quarterly variance risks and opportunities.
- Generate ad hoc reports and work on special projects as needed
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Strategic thinker, strong analytical skills, able to synthesize considerable and complex data.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Accounting/Finance, with a focus on cost accounting and financial planning, analysis, modeling, and forecasting.
- 2-3 years’ experience in an industrial and or manufacturing setting.
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance or Economics, with MBA or advances degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team; ability to actively identify key issues and problems of importance for team resolution
- Fluency and proficiency in the practical application of MRP logic, scheduling logic, order policies, capacity planning, input/output control, product structures, BOM’s and routings, and standards maintenance. Strong understanding of ERP systems.
- Expert analytical skills and advanced financial modeling techniques, with the ability to build and convey business insight.