- Oversee the day-to-day management of accounting activities related to work orders.
- Assist Controller in driving the annual budgeting and periodic forecasting processes.
- Assist in the preparation of the standard monthly management reports. Perform detailed monthly variance analysis impacting the P&L on items in the P+L and balance sheet.
- Lead the accounting team in developing explanations on work order variances, whether they be due to operational, quality, or downtime instances.
- Participate in the monthly financial close process for the local ledger, including preparation of the monthly journal entries, Account reconciliations and analysis on general ledger account balances.
- Support financial compliance requirements, including the SOX 404 program and internal and external audits (US GAAP and statutory, as appropriate).
- Take the functional lead in development and rolling of standard costs, through cumulative work order variance and purchase price variance analyses.
- Other tasks and projects, as assigned.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting required.
- 6+ years of manufacturing and/or corporate accounting experience. Cost Accounting with manufacturing variance analysis and reporting are a must.
- Experience in inventory management.
- Experience with a fully-integrated ERP system required, Oracle experience desired.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, performing accounting tasks and providing financial information on a timely basis.
- The individual must be highly detail oriented with strong computer skills, particularly intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
- Ability to work with minimal direction from management and a self- starter.