Sr Corporate Planning Analyst
Provides detailed financial analysis to senior management for all entities under the Corporation while delivering historical and current analytics to support forecasts and long range projections. Leads team of analysts in delivering accurate and timely reporting on corporate earnings while benchmarking performance between brands and to our competitors. Develops a 5year strategic financial plan providing senior management and the board of directors a clear vision of the Company's future earnings.
- Develop long term financial plan in line with the Company’s strategic goals as determined by Senior Management.
- Take a lead in developing and packaging financial presentations for quarterly board of director meetings and quarterly earning calls.
- Conduct comprehensive analysis of complex data, with strong experience in gathering actionable insights.
- Identify improvement opportunities while displaying creativity, drive, and a pragmatic approach to problem-solving.
- Develop strategic insights based on internal and external data and business analysis, including but not limited to analysis of markets, customers, and businesses.
- Gather and distill competitive information and market analysis to create ideas and recommendations that may involve changes to the company’s operating practices and market focus.
- Uses financial analysis and otherquantitative and qualitative techniques to assess a broad array of business issues and distill them into key items and proposed actions.
- Evaluates the Company’s non-core investments and joint ventures and gives guidance on ways to improve returns on these assets.
- Creates process for product level profitability analysis including analytics on product, customer profitability and portfolio performance.
- Creates management reporting to clearly communicate actual results, trends, opportunities and alternative scenarios.
- Supportsfinancial modeling improvements in planning and forecasting to enhance efficiency, support new initiatives, and accurately capture changing business environments.
- Support brand teams in the financial cycle (Planning sessions, quarter close, year end).
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or other technical discipline required; MBA or CFA distinction preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including technical and business writing.
- Significant IT knowledge and ability to work in complex matrix environments.
- Experience with Hyperion Essbase, Hyperion Brio, JD Edwards World, Oracle Database and Visual Basic
- Advanced in use of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word applications.