As a Senior Corporate Payment Specialist you will be responsible for identifying and developing payables opportunities with new and existing customers in an assigned territory within our Commercial Banking segment.
This role can be located anywhere within the Citizens Bank footprint, and requires up to 50% travel.
The successful candidate for this position will have a superior level of expertise in the consultative sale of Virtual Card, Corporate Card and ACH network solutions.
- The individual will be responsible for directing all elements of the sales cycle including business development, prospect qualification, needs analysis, presentations/product demos, negotiation, implementation and close.
- Proactively manage and prioritize targeted prospect list; sell targeted cash/card/trade solutions
- Coordinate/communicate client calling/interaction with appropriate Treasury Solutions Sales and Relationship Management colleagues
- Develop roadmap to maximize product utilization
- Provide industry benchmarking and insight into programs (key drivers of profitability or savings) to clients
- Technical product expertise and the ability to help customers navigate through their own ERP/technology hurdles
- Interface with various levels of decision makers within client base
- Ability to manage complex multi-product RFPs through deal review process
- Ability to generate cross-sell opportunities and act as an Account Manager for designated clients
- Remain current on Citizens breadth of Treasury Solutions; attend, participate in appropriate training/presentations
- At least 10 years of sales experience with at least 5 years of B2B payment sales and or account/product management with detailed knowledge of the corporate payments landscape and an understanding of client needs that drive usage of the various types of payables solutions
- High level of presentation skills are required for the job, as well as demonstrated success in a sales (individual contributor) role.
- Must be able to build and maintain client relationships to grow and defend revenue.
- Strong communications skills, consultative, solutions-based selling
- Demonstrates integrity and honesty, has a strong work ethic, is self-directed and motivated to achieve results.
- Must be aggressive, self-starter, goal-oriented
- Able to recognize customer needs, link solutions to need, and act on customer readiness to buy
- Bachelor's degree or military experience