Who We Are:
At Neurocrine Biosciences, we pride ourselves on having a strong, inclusive, and positive culture based on our shared purpose and values. We know what it takes to be great, and we are as passionate about our people as we are about our purpose - to relieve patient suffering and enhance lives.
What We Do:
Neurocrine Biosciences is a neuroscience-focused, biopharmaceutical company with 28 years of experience discovering and developing life-changing treatments for people with serious, challenging and under-addressed neurological, endocrine and psychiatric disorders. The company's diverse portfolio includes FDA-approved treatments for tardive dyskinesia, Parkinson's disease, endometriosis* and uterine fibroids*, with three pivotal and five mid-stage clinical programs in multiple therapeutic areas. Headquartered in San Diego, Neurocrine Biosciences specializes in targeting and interrupting disease-causing mechanisms involving the interconnected pathways of the nervous and endocrine systems. (*in collaboration with AbbVie)
About the Role:
Provides legal assistance to corporate attorneys. Drafts, reviews, negotiates and files legal documentation, including contracts. Prepares and coordinates procedural documentation for general legal matters including but not limited to securities compliance, employment law, regulatory matters, and contract management. Assist with determining the necessity and approach to contracts, ensuring protection of the company's proprietary technology. May be responsible for tracking and paying legal fees.
Your Contributions (include, but are not limited to):
- Draft, review, negotiate, and file a high volume of contracts.
- Communicate with internal business partners regarding the risks presented by contract terms and possible strategies to mitigate such risk.
- Support administration of the company’s contract management system (CMS).
- Assist in determining the necessary approach to contracts and ensuring protection of the company’s proprietary technology.
- Use a wide range of legal or specialized knowledge to provide legal support services in an efficient and timely manner.
- Exercise good judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Use initiative and discretion in accomplishing routine assignments with minimal supervision.
- Research legal issues and engage in fact gathering and checking to provide support on all assigned legal matters.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- BS/BA degree and 8+ years of legal department experience in the biotech/pharma, life sciences industry required. Law firm experience reviewing, analyzing and interpreting legal contracts and documents helpful, OR
- Master’s degree and 6+ years of similar experience noted above.
- Must have the ability to read, analyze and interpret legal documents and to effectively present information to business partners and management.
- Must be able to exercise independent judgment regarding legal and contractual matters within broadly defined practices and policies.
- Must have expertise with legal contracts and documents.
- Demonstrated ability to work with senior level law professionals
- Requires a general understanding of a broad range of corporate in-house legal matters.
- Must have thorough working knowledge of computer software, including word processing, email and database programs.
- Demonstrate ability to interact in a collaborative manner and at a professional level with clients at all levels throughout the organization
- Excellent computer skills
- Strong communication, problem-solving, and analytical thinking skills.
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines, with a high degree of accuracy and efficiency.
- Must possess excellent knowledge of a broad range of corporate matters.
- Must have excellent attention to detail with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude, the ability to work with others, be self-motivated requiring limited supervision and a desire to learn.
Neurocrine Biosciences is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets employer.