Designs financial projections and business plans, performs analytics to support revenue and expense management, and partners with leadership to develop the long range financial plan, capital, and annual budgets. Prepares and coordinates the distribution of various financial reports and analyses on a regular and ad hoc basis. Responsible for the analysis and reporting of Corporate capital and operating budget versus actual. Performs analytical review of data and statistics to identify trends impacting general ledger accounts. Assists management in identifying financial report variances and provides financial data upon request.
Minimum Job Requirements
• Master's Degree in Finance, Business Administration, or Accounting
• 5-7 years of Accounting or Finance experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- CPA preferred.
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Able to take initiative to lead improvement projects and act as a role model for the Financial Planning & Analysis team.
- Solid understanding of capital projects and expense management.
- Knowledge of purchase through payment process, starting from supply chain procurement through accounts payable check issuing and then posting to the General Ledger.
- Familiar with PeopleSoft ERP including one or more of the following: General Ledger, Finance modules, Supply Chain, project costing and commitment control.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrate strong ability to use information technology systems, such as Microsoft Office suite in particular Excel & PowerPoint.
- Ability to function independently and as a team player in a fast paced environment.
- Extensive knowledge and demonstrated ability to analyze complex issues and present findings and recommendations to senior management in a logical and understandable manner
Job Specific Duties
- Reviews all purchase requisitions, POs, and vouchers over a dollar threshold for Corporate departments.
- Supports the Financial Planning & Analysis team in preparing monthly and quarterly budgets/forecasts, working with the business to understand inputs and assumptions.
- Collaborates with Accounting and FP&A in the capitalization process for Corporate departments to ensure timely financial close.
- Drives major financial processes such as operational budgets, forecasts, business planning, and capital planning.
- Utilizes strong financial modeling experience to build business models for scenario and sensitivity analysis.
- Drives cost savings ideas and acts as subject matter expert on reporting on financial initiatives.
- Performs what-if analysis, as well as analyzes the financial impact of changes in business and new business opportunities/acquisitions.
- Provides reporting and analysis of key business drivers and operating metrics. F: Monthly/ T: 15-45 minutes R: Individual
- Renders technical assistance to department leaders and Project Consulting Group in preparing budgets, reports, etc.
- Acts as an integral part of the FTE requisition process.
- Analyzes and verifies data and statistics to identify trends and account variances for both operating and capital expenses. Provides explanation for variances over budget.
- Develops and updates models and methods to analyze volume and margin trends to develop both short and medium-term forecasts.