What You'll Do
You will be part of a fast-moving, highly impactful, Offer Enablement (OE) legal team. Entrepreneurial by nature, you will have an immediate impact with your analytic rigor, business judgment, and ability to get things done. You will bea solutions-driven and talented attorney with SaaS experience.
• As a member of the Offer Enablement Team, you will own and drive collaborative projects aimed at improving and transforming how Cisco brings its offers and buying programs to market
• Manage the drafting and negotiation positions for a wide range of contracts for revenue transactions, namely, cloud agreements, software licenses and buying program terms, including enterprise agreement, managed service agreements, volume purchase agreements
• Drive processes and materials to help Legal scale for growth and reduce contract cycle time, and partner with other Legal team members and other business functions to drive business objectives
• Build strong internal and external relationships while balancing the needs in Cisco’s engineering and sales strategy and priorities
• Provide continuous improvement of standard form agreements, playbooks, contracttemplates, and legal and operational processes
• Effectively advise, educate and train on and assist in the enforcement of Cisco’s offer policies processes
Who You'll Work With
You will work with an energetic and innovative team of attorneys, and provide support to the Offer Enablement team. Cisco's legal team is leading the industry, working at an accelerated pace to always produce best in class solutions.
Who You Are
You are a solutions-driven and talented attorney with software licensing experience to join our exciting team as Corporate Counsel. You have a sharp business focus and is proactive, decisive, and highly collaborative. You also have excellent interpersonal, communication and drafting skills and the ability to synthesize complex issues and influence and lead across functions.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
* 7+ years of relevant legal, in-house and law firm experience
* Ability to quickly absorb, evaluate and respond to new and novel issues and the to craft creative solutions
* Strong project management skills and the ability to self-start, lead projects, prioritize and manage several simultaneous projects under deadline pressure
* Experience working across multiple internal business organizations
* Ability to understand complex contractual issues, assess risk, and provide concise, plain English, business-focused legal documentation/processes and advice
* Extensive background in software licensing/SaaS, commercial transactions, drafting agreements, and intellectual property
* Strong influencing and leadership skills
*Strong willingness to collaborate, share knowledge and execute proactively
*JD with strong academic record required. Bar admission in good standing.