About the Role:
Addresses a broad array of legal matters to support the Company’s Research, Development, Clinical, Regulatory, Manufacturing, Medical Affairs, Business Development, Alliance Management, and/or general administrative departments. Works closely with other members of the Legal Department and their respective clients to address legal issues across several disciplines. Counsels clients and drafts and negotiates complex life sciences arrangements. Advises and trains business clients on contract requirements.
Your Contributions (include, but are not limited to):
- Provides clear and business-savvy legal advice and risk guidance to business partners, key stakeholders related to one or more of the following: the company’s Research, Development, Clinical, Regulatory, Manufacturing/CMC, Medical Affairs and general administrative departments through all phases of drug research, development, and clinical matters; public company reporting and compliance, including SEC rules and regulations and NASDAQ listing standards; advising on corporate governance and disclosure matters; routine counseling on corporate issues including close interaction with executive management; variety of activities such as licensing and research collaborations, pre-clinical and clinical matters, CMC (supply, manufacture, and quality issues), and other matters, including contract/deal negotiation and post-execution implementation; the company's employee option programs and stock purchase programs
- Drafts, negotiates, and advises clients on a broad range of legal and contractual matters to support the Company’s business, including but not limited to: clinical trial agreements, informed consent documents, research agreements, clinical supply agreements, consulting agreements, confidentiality, and nondisclosure agreements.
- Interacts closely with clients and third-party vendors to understand business requirements and ensure that contractual terms are consistent with the Company’s priorities.
- May draft and manage template legal documents.
- Acts as advisor on legal issues involving the organization’s government and regulatory compliance.
- Reviews legal data and advises organization on appropriate legal action to be taken.
- Coordinates legal matters handled by, and manages, outside counsel.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Juris Doctorate (JD) degree and 10+ years practice as an attorney in a well-regarded law firm and experience with a life sciences company, and/or a reputable, highly rated law firm with a focus on representing life science companies, or a combination of both.
- An active license to practice law in any state.
- Ability to draft and negotiate complex agreements
- Ability to independently identify, analyze and render legal advice on complex issues, and understands the business impact of such advice
- Ability to deliver clear, concise and accurate advice, including the appropriate level of detail and anticipation of follow-up questions
- Ability to build consensus with diverse stakeholders and third parties and form strong, collaborative working relationships with clients
- Demonstrates expertise in several of the following: general corporate matters, including corporate organization, securities compliance, drafting transactional documents, license agreements, employment law, immigration law, data privacy, risk management asset-backed financing, contract management.
- Expertise with respect to corporate compliance and transactional experience is required, including strong contract drafting skills
- Recognized as external expert in a strategic job function
- Requires broad and comprehensive expertise in leading-edge theories and techniques within a strategic job function
- Applies ingenuity and creativity to problem analysis and resolution in complicated and/or novel situations
- Influences internal/external business and/or industry issues that have an impact on Neurocrine
- Ability to drive strategic direction into tactical plans
- Ability to lead multiple teams
- Strong leadership, mentoring skills and abilities typically supervises lower levels and/or leads indirect teams.
- Exceptional communications, problem-solving, analytical thinking, influencing skills.
- Sets broader picture and longer-term vision for department
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines across a variety of projects/programs, with a high degree of accuracy and efficiency.
- Excellent project leadership skills.
- Research skills
- Decision-making and planning skills
- Organizational skills