What You'll Do
You will be a trusted legal partner to Cisco’s HR team, providing advice and counsel in all aspects of employment law. You’ll be part of a core team that partners with Cisco’s HR teams as we collectively think through the practical implications and the necessary support infrastructure for the workforce of the future. Our people and our teams are at the heart of Cisco’s innovation. Cisco’s HR teams work with people leaders to select and develop talent, define Cisco’s total rewards, provide learning opportunities, investigate concerns and foster an inclusive environment. In this role, you’ll support Cisco’s HR teams and leaders by bringing forward business savvy, innovative and practical solutions to the employment and compliance-related topics, including workplace accommodations, harassment, discrimination, wage and hour, diversity and culture. You will also manage litigation, respond to agency charges and demand letters.
Who You'll Work With
This position resides within the Cisco litigation team and will report to our Senior Director of Global Employment Law and Employee Relations. Cisco’s litigation team includes our commercial litigators, intellectual property litigators, employee relations professionals, paralegals, and e-Discovery/IT lab. Our HR Legal group is responsible for the company’s global employment law matters and works closely with HR and Cisco leaders at all levels within the company. The litigation team is a hard-working group, with a quick wit and generous spirit.
Who You Are
You are an attorney with a passion for employment law. You love partnering with leaders, HR professionals and Cisco team members to find win-win solutions. You have a strong grasp of federal and California employment related issues. You’ve worked in-house or have employment law experience at a well-respected firm.
You ask the right questions, think strategically, and aren’t afraid to question the status quo. You listen to and understand the needs of your clients. You are agile, think on your feet and can make decisions quickly. You have excellent interpersonal skills, are able to lead cross-functional projects, and are a team player, who isn’t afraid to take smart risks. You also are self-starter, able to work independently, and have excellent written and oral advocacy and communication skills.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
* Juris Doctorate (JD) with a strong academic record
* 8+ years of employment law advice and counseling experience, including proceedings before governmental agencies
* Experience in providing advice and counsel in a broad array of employment law areas
* Experience responding to agency charges
* Experience with single plaintiff litigation
* Demonstrate the enthusiasm, influencing skills, presence, and confidence necessary to tackle sophisticated legal issues in a dynamic, global business setting
* Excellent client management, writing, advocacy and organizational skills
* Location is Cisco’s main campus in San Jose; occasional travel expected.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
• We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
• We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
• We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco