Rimini Street, Inc., the world’s leading independent provider of support for enterprise application software, seeks a Sr. Corporate Counsel, Governance and Compliance resident in our Las Vegas home office location or remote as needed.
Our company is currently privately held with plans to become a public company. Rimini Street views all of our employees as partners, and is committed to providing an exciting, participatory and team oriented work environment. In addition to our very competitive compensation packages, be prepared for challenging professional growth and fun along the way in our work hard, play hard corporate environment.
The Sr. Corporate Counsel, Governance and Compliance will be responsible for assisting the AGC Corporate with the management of all global corporate and board governance, compliance and outside counsel involved in such areas, including all filings and legal proceedings related to a listed public company, all reports required by and compliance with state, federal and foreign securities regulators, domestic parent and subsidiary and foreign corporate compliance, finance transactions, mergers and acquisitions, compliance with SEC and public procurement requirements, FCPA compliance and advice, and primary responsibility for all related legal agreements, as further described below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
As directed by the AGC Corporate, the Sr. Corporate Counsel, Governance and Compliance shall perform or assist with the following matters:
- Drafting, reviewing and filing of public company disclosures, including filings with the SEC and NASDAQ, and disclosure committee process.
- Providing legal support to the Board and Board committees of the Company and its subsidiaries, preparing and disseminating meeting minutes, preparing resolutions, ensuring compliance with corporate bylaws and charter, assisting with Board and committee calendars and tasks and coordinating with outside counsel.
- Coordinating with the Company’s compliance department, including internal audit, for compliance with Dodd-Frank Act, SOX, state, federal and foreign securities regulator requirements, development of compliance program content, and preventative training and advisory assistance to employees and other departments.
- Negotiating, drafting, and coordination of outside counsel on legal matters involving finance, debt, leases and real estate agreements, mergers and acquisitions, and other non-transactional agreements where the company’s interests are involved.
- Reviewing and advising on public procurement proposals in compliance with applicable requirements.
- Reviewing corporate disclosure on behalf of the investor relations, communications and marketing departments where Company interests are involved to assure no undue risks to the Company.
- Assisting the AGC Corporate in training, oversight and enforcement of the Company’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other policies, including gift requirements, and ensuring compliance with all state, federal and foreign laws.
- Coordinating with stock administration personnel for internal and external functions.
- Providing other legal support to the Legal department team as needed
- Las Vegas Headquarters or Remote U.S. location
- Graduate of an accredited American law school and currently licensed to practice law in the employee’s state of residence
- At least 8 years of related experience in private practice, in-house, or preferably both
- Experience and demonstrated competence in complex corporate governance, finance and compliance matters
- Experience with public company filings
- Familiarity with tech or IP industry a plus
- Ability to work remotely when not physically present at primary place of employment
- Ability to perform the essential functions of the position, as described above and as modified from time to time based on the needs of the company
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, including the ability to participate in conference calls, meetings with third-parties, and presentations to the company’s Executive Officers and Board
- Ability to work both independently, as a self-starter with strong work ethic, as well as collaboratively as team player with the General Counsel and legal department
Job ID 2017-3308