What sets Bank of the West apart from other banks is our team members–they embody the optimistic spirit of the West. There is a spirit here that drives us to do more. Our team of more than 10,000 employees is vital to the success of our Bank. They reflect our modern western values—straightforward, entrepreneurial and optimistic. We seek to create a corporate culture that fosters and rewards excellence, encourages creative thinking and respects diversity – an environment where team members are engaged, supportive of one another and enthusiastic about serving our customers. Bank of the West offers the stability of a company that has a 135 year history and is part of BNP Paribas, a European leader in global banking and financial services and one of the 6 strongest banks in the world. We offer opportunities across our diverse business lines – RetailBanking, Commercial Banking, National Finance, and Wealth Management.
We are currently seeking qualified, motivated talent to be responsible for taking a lead role in ensuring that the assigned business unit policies, procedures and practices align with BoW 2nd line of defense Op Risks and Compliance requirements and providing challenge for continuous enhancements of the BU 1st line of defense set-up.
1. To coordinate and support Business Groups in implementing any Compliance, Operational Risk and Permanent Control assessment (RCRA, RCSA …) or program or initiative. Manage the scope and the calendar, facilitate the assessments/implementation, ensure action plan follow-up.
2. To work with the assigned Business Group affected by changing laws, regulations or policies to ensure that appropriate changes are implemented.
3. To support the assigned Business Group to respond to Regulatory / Audit inquiries and coordinate evidence gathering.
4. To coordinate the risks identification and action plan follow-up.
5. To coordinate the production and distribution of processes, procedures/policies and make sure of their compliance with 2LOD requirements and BNPP as well.
6. To coordinate the performance of controls and, if required, to perform testing.
7. To coordinate and promote the identification and recording of historical operational risk incidents.
8. To contribute to any Compliance, Internal Control and Operational Risk statement/reporting.
9. To identify and report/escalation alerts on issues related to Compliance, Operational Risk and Permanent Control.
10. To work in close collaboration / Liaise with Compliance, Op Control and Audit team – and contribute to 1st LOD governance structure.
11. Disseminates all Compliance information and requirements.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field is required.
• Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline. May have broad knowledge of project management.
• Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.