The Controls Engineer will design, program, and troubleshoot packaging machinery and line control systems. This person will travel to top clients across the country to assist in the design of manufacturing processes, help manage projects, develop facilities, and impact the world by conducting themselves with integrity in pursuit of individual and enterprise goals. This role will challenge you to be a passionate and successful business family member all while expanding your technical abilities.
- Accountability for complete project execution including team leadership, control panel engineering, SCADA design, PLC and HMI programming, and site start-up support of integrated systems.
- Maintaining and growing solid client relationships is a key responsibility.
- Requires excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to be applied in design, installation, commissioning, and troubleshooting of packaging lines, process systems, and software systems.
- Minimum 7 years of related automation experience with HMI, SCADA, PLC’s, and general control system design.
- Packaging and process controls experience in the Consumer Products and/or life sciences industries are preferred; beverage/brewery/food experience and engineering consulting experience are a plus.
- Experience with Allen-Bradley (ControlLogix, CompactLogix, PLC5, SLC500) PLCs, PanelView/PanelviewPlus HMIs, Industrial Communication Networks (Ethernet, EthenetI/P, DeviceNet, DH+, etc.) is required.
- Experience with FactoryTalk Suite, IntellutionSuite, Wonderware Suite, and VisualBasic/C#/Java is a plus.
- This position requires the ability to successfully execute multiple project responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Candidates need to possess excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Regional/National travel may be required at times to support installation and start-up activities.
- Minimum B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related technical degree.