Design electrical control systems for custom & standard products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review Engineering job file and design products to meet applicable specs.
- Interact and communicate with customers as project dictates.
- CAD drawing package generation including customer approval, wiring schematics & panel layout.
- Generate bill of material, estimate cost of purchased items, and requisition all necessary material and components.
- Design PLC and HMI logic using products from many different manufacturers.
- Research and use new software and hardware packages.
- Help maintain current software.
- Assist in training of new controls engineers.
- Ensure Engineering is using current Electrical Codes.
- Support all other departments on an as need basis regarding electrical components of the machine.
- Assist engineers, electricians and customer with debugging and machine runoffs.
- Support Project in the field, as needed, during start-up and through warranty period.
- Other functions as directed.
Education and/or Experience:
- College degree in electrical engineering and/or 5-8 years of technical experience.
- Must have product component level knowledge and AutoCAD / AutoCAD Electric experience.
- Position requires multiple projects be handled at one time.
- Knowledge and experience with 8D problem solving a plus.
May assist in the training of new employees.
May supervise controls engineers or controls department
College level mathematics.
Must be able to periodically travel to customer's jobsite for startups, machine commissioning and warranty work as dictated by project. All projects to not require travel, most stays are from 1 to 2 days, some could be more.