More information about this job:
XLA is looking to fill a Sr. Contracts Specialist position to directly support a federal law enforcement customer in providing acquisition support within a federal acquisition environment. This position is located in Arlington, VA and is metro-accessible.
Duties to be assigned to the Sr. Contract Specialist include:
- Full life cycle contract management (“cradle to grave”)
- Assisting agency contracting office with drafting various contract documents including base contracts, modifications, and purchase orders.
- Working with and advising program managers on procurement policies, regulations, and procedures that result in cost savings for the Government
- Maintaining a working knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and agency supplemental regulations; following all applicable acquisition procedures
- Communicating orally in order to brief all customers on proposed acquisition cycles award processes
- Utilizing all applicable regulations, policies, and procedures while participating with a variety of Program Offices to ensure the acquisition plan, synopsis, procurement planning conference and justification and approval all include necessary information to facilitate a successful contract award
- Communicating in writing, independently preparing pre and post business clearances for every acquisition in order to document the contract file
- Acting as a business adviser and/or representative providing business advice to the program offices
- At least 8years of federal acquisition experience is required with a Master's Degree or 10 years with a Bachelor's Degree
- Knowledge of the Federal acquisition process and applicable laws and regulations. (e.g. the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR))
- Strong background in acquiring commercial supplies and/or services for the Federal Government
- Experience as an 1102 in the Federal Government is highly desirable
- Experience with major contract writing systems is highly desirable
- DAWIA /FAC-C and CFCM or CPCM certifications are highly desirable
- Excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills (Job entails supporting multiple purchasing actions in a fast-paced environment)
- Ability to work with minimal guidance and supervision
- Position will require interaction with procurement office management. Interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively are necessary
- Ability to pass a federal background check for facility access is required
- Strong background in procuring supplies and services
Must have an active DOD Secret Clearance or Higher, such as a Top Secret Clearance
Job ID 2017-2257.