This is an opportunity for an experienced Sr. Contracts Administrator to join our team in Middletown, CT.
At Kaman Precision Products, our Sr. Contracts Administrator works under thegeneral direction of the Sr. Manager, Contracts and is responsible for managing all phases of assigned contracts, ensuring that established contractual objectives are met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the general direction of the Manager, Contracts, responsible for managing all phases of assigned contracts, ensuring that established contractual objectives are met. Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Negotiate and manage a variety of contracts with medium to large dollar values and/or significant technical and programmatic challenges. Coordinate activity to ensure proposals contain pricing, schedule and terms acceptable to the company. Prepare and submit proposals. Issue Sales Orders, authorizing the work to be performed for accepted contracts, detailing delivery schedules, special and unique terms and conditions, non-recurring activities, and data requirements.
- Coordinate kick-off meetings / sales order releases for successful release of new programs. Monitor status of programs and schedules to ensure that milestones are accomplished. Where problems occur, determine cause and impact and initiate corrective action. Close sales orders, ensuring all work is successfully completed to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Assist program management with assigned programs, providing direction to all functional areas to ensure contract compliance. Act as primary customer contact for contractual activities. Serve as liaison between customers and management to ensure customer project requirements, cost and schedule are maintained.
- Coordinate with management and appropriate functional groups for the preparation and/or support of business plans, work statements, operating budgets, sales forecasts, estimates to complete, and other project activities, as required. May be required to act as designee for Contract Manager in manager’s absence. Will provide guidance and instruction to others in Contracts Department. Work in conjunction with Senior Management to support new business or expand the product line with the customer.
- Establish milestones and monitor adherence to master plans and schedules; identify project problems and obtain solutions such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications. Investigate and advise on new and updated regulations and their impact on division. Establish and maintain effective communication with all support departments to facilitate problem identification and resolution. Conduct or support periodic meetings with members of functional departments and/or other responsible parties to identify and resolve program problems.
- Perform special projects, as assigned. Ability to obtain/maintain security clearance.
- Broad knowledge of contracts administration.
- Fluent verbal/written communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft applications software.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance or related discipline plus 7 to 10 years of related experience in contracts administration.
- Working knowledge of FAR, DFARS and ITAR regulations.
All positions at Kaman Aerospace Group require access to information or technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and other US government security regulations. These laws do not permit access rights to non-US citizens or to other unauthorized individuals. Therefore, presently, all applicants must be US Citizens or US Permanent Residents ("green card holders") and/or otherwise comply with ITAR requirements for access rights to be considered for a position.
Apply NowEmail this job to a friend Share this job
Kaman Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer
Kaman Corporation considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law. Kaman Corporation and all of its related companies fully endorse equal opportunity for all. Kaman provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures and/or process. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process. For more information, pleaseclick here for a notice that provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP).