Assists in developing contract negotiation strategies, conducts negotiations and delivers contracts containing excellent pricing & terms/ conditions.
Such contracts yield tangible value in terms of strong vendor performance, excellent pricing, accountability, and when appropriate partner like relationships committed to continuous improvement.
Job Responsibilities: Agreements and Contracts:
- Employs state of the art/best practice contracting processes, tools and methodologies.
- Employs sophisticated negotiation techniques that simultaneously and effectively claims value, creates value and builds relationships.
- Facilitates, negotiates, and drafts complex agreements including: service agreements, hardware purchases, software license and maintenance agreements, non-disclosures, statements of work and others as needed.
- Supports escalations to the vendor performance team based on information from the business, CHI support organizations or vendors.
- Serves as an advisor to IT personnel on how to best engage vendors contractually, helping them assess the need for competitive pricing, SLAs, penalties, specific terms/conditions, Legal protections, speed to closure vs. robust contracting, etc.
- Works collaboratively with Legal, risk, the business and other stakeholders as appropriate to produce contracts that meet the full range of enterprise policy.
- Supports vendor performance in resolving contract and compliance vendor issues/disputes.
- Provides overview/training for internal clients on the Contracts Management and Negotiation process.
- Assists in developing/maintaining contracting policies, processes and procedures.
- Supports the development of tools and technology that drive a high performance contracting function including tracking and repository needs.
- Assists in development of audit process to ensure contract compliance.
- Maintain contract archives and information in the contracts repository and contracts management system; develop a high level of proficiency with contracting tools and systems in order to train/mentor VM staff
- Works closely with Vendor Performance to continuously improve the effectiveness of contractlanguage for Service Levels and associated penalties.
- Works closely with Legal and Vendor Performance to develop contracttemplates that speed the contracting process, optimizes value to CHI and maximizes risk mitigation.
- As appropriate, participates in vendor business reviews to observe trends in performance issues and disputes for the purpose of generating better terms/conditions for future contracts.
- Generates regular reports on team results such as savings, contract quality and contracting cycle time.
Skills, Requirements and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degreepreferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 4+ years experience in sourcing, contracting or vendor management functions including the use of enterprise sourcing/contracting technology.
- Experience in mid-size corporate contracts, sourcing or vendor management organization
- Evidence that valued contracting results were delivered to the business (i.e. significant savings, strengthened vendor relationships and/or contracts rated highly for their ability to drive strong performance and accountability).
- Experience generating and negotiating IT/technical contracts, including: services, hardware, software license and maintenance agreements.
- Demonstrates nuanced understanding of sourcing/contracting concepts and procurement best practices.
- Experience in vendor pricing methods e.g., rate cards and pricing methodologies.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexualorientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Requisition Title :-2017-R0140614.