The Sr. Continuous Improvement (CI) Manager - Master Black Belt will be involved in creating and implementing a variety of projects which will help us get closer to our vision of being the "Best Company in the World.” The focus of projects and initiatives will include safety, quality, people and productivity. Your skills, talents, knowledge and leadership will be utilized by creating necessity to learn around continuous improvement tools and practices, which will widen the circle of engagement and ownership within the facility. You will have the opportunity to challenge the status quo at an enterprise level and will work with owners of processes to create, maintain and improve standards.
- Own and drive business unit and enterprise-level improvement projects to completion. Ensure rigorous application of the DMAIC methodology to deliver step-level improvements in specified timeframe.
- Coach and mentor Lean Six Sigma methods and data analytics into organizational operations as well as provide learning opportunities to members.
- Develop and execute a 3-year productivity pipeline of large impact improvements to achieve Johnsonville’s productivity targets, including coordinating work with finance and capital engineering to validate project feasibility.
- Incorporate voice of the customer requirements and data analysis in all process improvements to improve process capabilities.
- Work with cross functional teams and functional SME’s to analyze data and to identify gaps, non-value added steps, and other impediments which lead to execution of process solutions.
- Conduct Continuous Improvement statistical analysis and simulation studies as needed, using software such as Minitab, Arena, Alteryx or others.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Engineering, Business Administration or Food Science, or related field
- Six Sigma Master Black Belt certification required
- Minimum 5 years of experience working directly with six sigma tools and methods in a lean manufacturing environment. Minimum 2 years of work as a Master Black Belt or equivalent.
- Broad knowledge and application experience with LEAN, process improvement, structured problem solving, TQM tools and methods.
Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrated project management excellence. Track record of results
- Demonstrated experience of implementing sustainable process improvements with front line members
- Ability to widen the circle of engagement within the membership
- Excellent team facilitation skills. Build teams in a collaborative work style: Previous successful experience in team building and motivating others
- Strong leadership and change agent skills
- Able to communicate effectively with others and establish credibility
- Willing to travel up to 40% of the time using CI expertise to work on organizational optimization projects and initiatives