We are seeking an experienced Continuous Improvement Engineer to work closely with the cross functional Value Stream teams. This position will design, develop, standardize and implement Operational Excellence methods intended to continuously improve manufacturing system performance. This individual is an influencer and facilitator, with a track record of managing change. This individual is a systems thinker who solves problems by building relationships and collaborating.
Impact this role will have on Abbott:
- Participates in identification and planning of department goals and budget, development, standardization and implementation of initiatives intended to improve the quality, cost and delivery performance of Abbott.
- In conjunction with the Value Stream teams, supports productivity, quality, process efficiency, space utilization, standardization and lead time improvement efforts.
- In collaboration with the Continuous Improvement Department, supports Lean, Six Sigma and DMAIC problem solving initiatives..
- Identifies opportunities and drives incorporation of appropriate Lean tool usage such as 5S, time study, line balancing, standard work, material flow and value stream mapping into the daily functions of the Value Stream teams.
- Collaborates with cross functional teams as required.
- Provides input into departmental budgeting processes as required.
- May supervise and provide work direction to other engineers and technicians.
- Understands work environment issues (i.e. OSHA regulations, etc.).
- Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
Your Experience (s), education and knowledge will further expand Abbott’s marketplace success:
- BS in Industrial Engineering or related field or equivalent experience; advanced degree preferred.
- 5+ years manufacturing engineering experience.
- Medical device experience preferred.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and project management skills.
- Demonstrated leadership capability in team settings.
- Six Sigma or Lean Certification preferred.
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model preferred.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
- Ability to work within a team and as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish projects.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills, as well as attention to detail.
- Ability to travel approximately 15-30%, including internationally.