WWT Application Services division is looking for a Sr. Consulting Program Manager to join our growing Software Consulting Services group. The primary purpose of this role is to provide the proper level of program leadership and operational management for multiple Agile consulting engagements involving various software development technologies. The right individual brings extensive consulting leadership and software project management experience, thrives in a diverse, entrepreneurial environment, and is committed to helping build a great place to work.
Job Responsibilities/Essential Functions
Lead multiple client-facing software consulting projects at a program and/or project level in a high growth, entrepreneurial division that is a leader in Agile software development.
Be responsible for successful project delivery in the areas of Agile and SAFe Transformation, Application Performance, Application Rationalization and Cloud Migration, DevOps and AIOps, testing automation, and Agile PMO consulting engagements by managing all activities associated with the project objectives from start through completion. This will include project timelines, budget, forecasting, risk mitigation, issue resolution and communications.
Build strategic consulting relationships with client leadership and executives.
Financial responsibility and management of projects and programs, using WWT’s enterprise project management systems.
Collaborate with account managers, practice leaders and sales engineers to identify business development opportunities and craft sales proposals through solution analysis, estimation, contract review, and staffing.
Act as a strategic member of the Consulting Program Management office, working to define and mature project management standards and business operational practices in an Agile consulting environment.
Lead the entrepreneurial bootstrapping of new consulting practices and service offerings.
- Ability to give and receive feedback. A central part of living our core values is our environment of safe, timely, and direct feedback. We require and coach our employees on how to provide constructive and critical feedback to their peers, reports, and leadership. This can take on many forms; written, verbal, in a group setting, and one on one, and can involve topics ranging from job performance and leadership effectiveness to root cause analysis, communication, and integrity. While not always comfortable, we see the ability to give and receive feedback in a safe environment as a job requirement common across all practices and roles, and a vital aspect of our culture and continuous improvement.
- Possesses a high level of Integrity. Acts ethically and is above reproach. Builds trust through their honesty, reliability, and authenticity. Possesses a strong concern for the needs of colleagues. Takes tough principled stands even if they are unpopular. Meets commitments and keeps promises.
- Demonstrates Self-control. Manages his/her impulsive feelings and distressing emotions and operates without any personal agenda. Stays composed, positive and unflappable even in trying moments. Thinks clearly and stays composed and focused under pressure.
- Must be Flexible. Smoothly handles multiple demands, shifting priorities and rapid change. Is able to work collaboratively to get things done. Proactively seeks the advice and suggestions of peers, subordinates, and superiors. Adapts strategies and tactics to fit fluid circumstances. Is flexible in how he/she sees events.
- Is Optimistic. Demonstrates a positive mental attitude. Persists in seeking goals despite obstacles and setbacks. Operates from a hope of success rather than a fear of failure. Sees setbacks as due to manageable circumstances rather than a personal flaw.
- Continuously Develops Others. Committed to the continuous process of education and development of self and colleagues. Acknowledges people's strengths and accomplishments. Offers useful feedback and helps to identify others' needs for future growth and improvement. Mentors and gives timely coaching that fosters an individual's skills.
- Able to Intuitively Understand the way people think and work. Understands the forces that shape views and actions of clients, customers, or competitors. Accurately reads an organizational and external reality.
- Models Leadership qualities. Articulates and arouses enthusiasm for a shared vision and mission. Leads by example.
- Is a catalyst for Change. Recognizes the need for change and removes barriers. Challenges the status quo to acknowledge the need for change. Champions the change and enlists others in its pursuit.
- Fosters Excellence in Communication. Is effective in give-and-take, registering emotional cues in attuning their message. Deals with difficult issues straightforwardly. Listens well; seeks mutual understanding, and welcomes the full sharing of information. Fosters open communication and stays receptive to bad news as well as good.
- Bachelor’s degree or above.
- Project management and/or Agile certifications (PMP, PMI-ACP, SaFE, CSC, etc.) preferred.
- Extensive (8+ years) of technology project and program management experience.
- 5+ years of software project, program or product management using Agile methodologies.
- 5+ years of recent experience working as a consultant or leading consulting projects.
- Extensive (10+ years) direct experience serving customer executives, stakeholders and technical teams.