Designs high value services solutions that solve complex business problems, address articulated requirements and create efficiencies for clients. Provides consultative input and leverages client relationships during the selling process to identify, qualify and close new client engagements. Participates in enhancing current or building new practice offerings to include in the services solutions portfolio. Such activities may include the following as well as other duties as assigned.
- Experience and/or Product Certifications in the following products is preferred(1 or more):
HP Operations Manager (OM, OMi)
HP Network Node Manager (NNMi)
HP Project & Portfolio Management (HP PPM)
Riverbed SteelHead WAN Optimization (WAN)
Riverbed SteelFusion Hyperconverged Branch Infrastructure (HCB)
- Due to the nature of this position, there will be on-call shifts, as well as a night-shift on a rotation schedule during the year.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Required
- Collaborates with client and practice team members to move the engagement from a solutions design concept through architectural definition to implementation of the services solution.
- Delivers a high value services solution to the client on time, within budget, and meeting all quality and solution design specifications.
- Provides services solutions implementation and delivery guidance.
- Develops an understanding of client business needs, current industry environment and market solution trends to contribute to the refinement of current or build of new practice offerings.
- Cultivates client relationships and develops the practice reputation as a leading edge provider of client services solutions.
- Creates and/or identifies demand for new and additional services solutions engagements.
Job Level Specifications:
- Leads large, complex services solutions engagements and provides guidance and direction to engagement team.
- Serves as a mentor and subject matter resource to less senior Consultants.
- May assess and validate skills and capabilities of others within area of subject matter expertise.
- Contributes to building practice offerings by participating in quality improvement efforts for current practice offerings and suggesting ideas for new or revised offerings based on current engagement experiences.
- Develops relationships with key internal and external influencers, thought leaders, associations, industry panels, and client and offering user groups to gain insight that will help shape future practice offerings.
- Client engagements are typically large, highly complex.
- Develops deep understanding of client business problems and needs to translate those into high value services solutions.
- Broad understanding of client's industry and market trends to determine most appropriate approach to solutions definition.
- Contributes as a subject matter expert of an engagement team working on highly complex engagements.
- Solutions require the creative and novel application of established approaches and formulation of best practices.
- Work is reviewed to ensure the integrated services solution effectively and efficiently addresses client requirements.
- Supports practice leaders and solutions sales teams in closing services engagements with significant clients.
- Seeks out follow-on opportunities from existing clients for future services engagements.
- Identifies potential new business opportunities to sales teams.
Qualifications, Required Knowledge Skills & Abilities and Working Conditions
- 6 - 8years of successful experience within a consultative selling model and advancement in client facing roles.
- Demonstrated expertise of practice discipline.
- Demonstrated experience establishing and maintaining relationships with high-level clients.
- Established track record of successfully leading the development and delivery of high revenue growth, profit and client satisfaction consulting and services solutions.
- Demonstrated complex client engagement experience, with large, significant projects.
- Relevant consulting, fee based services experience.
Education and Certification(s):
- BS/BA Degree in Computer Science, Business, Marketing or a related field or equivalent combination of formal education and directly related experience. MS/MBA helpful.
Apply for this job online Share on your newsfeed Tech Data is an equal opportunity organization. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Req Number 2017-18433