GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
This position will provide subject matter expertise and direction on complex projects/initiatives for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility including establishing and leading complex enterprise wide, cross-functional initiatives and leading different projects/programs including efforts to launch new products and services, large scale application development, systems integration, operational efficiency improvements, process reengineering, and infrastructure upgrades and deployments. S/he may also lead complex, large scale, and/or enterprise-wide Agile programs and coordinate with various program support teams. S/he may also provide Scrum Master leadership for Agile projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with senior management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Directs and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies and directs the implementation of process improvements that significantly improve quality across the team, department and/or business unit for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides subject matter expertise to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides direction on complex assignments, projects, and/or initiatives to build and enhance the capability of his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Develops & executes complex effective project &/or program management throughout the project development lifecycle, including but not limited to: project planning, resource planning change management and communications planning, & managing changes to scope
- Ensures that the project schedule is accurate, updated, and reflective of authorized changes.
- Directs and delivers complex projects and/or programs conforming to project management standards and processes as designated by his/her assigned area of responsibility, including applicable change control and project management methodology.
- Identifies key cross-functional issues and project synergies; provides guidance with specific project issues.
- Collaborates effectively with management and appropriate project stakeholders on complex issues and conflicts that impact time, cost, scope, quality and risk of assigned projects/programs.
- Analyzes assigned project and/or program plans to validate if project outcomes will meet the business needs and align/support operational plans/objectives and recommends mitigation plans.
- Advises and collaborates with project owners and appropriate personnel to manage project/program quality and cost.
- Identifies complex project/program resourcing needs and facilitates the procurement of needed hardware, software and human resources for the project.
- Monitors and evaluates assigned complex project and/or program's progress and performance against the project plan and develops complex mitigation plans.
- Identifies and resolves complex project and/or program issues to minimize delays.
- Facilitates project/program communications with sponsors and other leaders/contributors.
- Serves as a subject matter expert to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on project management best practice standards, templates and practices.
- Utilize influence skills to help achieve desired business outcomes.
- Serves as a mentor and shares expertise with project managers and project team members.
- Leads one or two Scrum teams facilitating progress toward delivery goals using Agile practices and coordinates with other non-scrum teams involved in the effort.
- Identifies dependencies and removes impediments to scrum team's progress.
- Facilitates core Agile ceremonies with two or more teams (Sprint Planning, Daily Stand-up, Demo, Retrospective and Backlog refinement).
- Reports on Agile metrics such as velocity and cycle time.
- Fosters assigned scrum teams to self-organization; ensures and supports empowerment of the team.
- Keeps the teams focused on the Sprint and achieving Sprint goals.
- Coaches his/her scrum teams and other scrum teams to support Agile adoption and application of principles.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's) (Minimum Required)
- 5 – 7+ Years of experience in Project Management including roles as a Scrum Master and Project Manager leading multiple software development project teams to deliver high-quality software solutions using both Agile techniques and Waterfall/Iterative delivery methodology (Required)