What You Will Do:
The Senior Consultant, Inclusion and Belonging position is specifically responsible for leading and consulting across core process areas, business units, and support Baystate Health in operationalizing inclusion and cultural humility as a business strategy to support the organizational goals and mission. The individual has shared responsibility and accountability for moving Baystate Health to a higher level of inclusion, increasing belonging among team members and meeting the needs of our diverse patient populations. The incumbent will serve as a strategic partner within HR and other organizational departments in consulting and addressing Inclusion and Belonging. The individual will also lead the marketplace initiatives on behalf of the department.
- Lead the continuing development, enhancement and implementation of the Talent Management and Inclusion strategy.
- Ensure the system-wide coverage for delivery of appropriate learning and development solutions to people managers and teams.
- This function will be aligned to Joint Commission and US Department of Health and Human Services' Culturally and Linguistically Appropriate Services (CLAS) Standards, EEO guidelines and Human Equality Index measures.
- Lead assessment to guide levels of inclusion and belonging across the system.
- Identify, analyze and communicate diversity trends, issues and opportunities that will impact the business.
- Identify and lead inclusion and cultural humility best practices into Baystate Health's business model and approaches to achieve and sustain a competitive advantage to attract top talent and provide quality patient care.
- Develop inclusive leadership competencies and measures for people managers at various levels of responsibility.
- Facilitate and coordinate Organizational Resource Group action planning, leadership development and expansion.
- Assist and lead internal customer consultations in identifying business issues that include but are not limited to, employee engagement, fostering an inclusive and equitable workplace, and leveraging diversity of thought as innovative and creative solutions.
- Lead external strategic alliances, business partnerships and local opportunities and establish relationships with relevant professional associations and organizations to promote Baystate Health's efforts related to cultural competence and diversity.
- Lead system-wide communication efforts regarding the linkages of Talent Management and Inclusion strategies to the organization's direction and business planning objectives.
What You Will Do:
Bachelor's Degree in Human Resource, Organizational Development, or related fields
8-10 years of relevant experience as a diversity consultant
3-5 years of collaborative leadership consulting
Significant Project management experience
PHR/SPHR is preferred
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Must be able to lead interdisciplinary teams and projects and obtain desired results
- Highly motivated individual with demonstrated ability to build successful collaborative business relationships (internal and external)
- The candidate must possess strong coordination and interpersonal skills
- Uses ADDIE to design & implement inclusion interventions
- Strong PC/software skills (e.g. Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Strong customer/patient commitment
- Some travelrequired