Description: Responsible for a range of sales operations and enablement activities essential to achieving KP's membership, margin and key performance goals managed within Marketing, Sales and Business Development (MSBD). Sales Operations Consultants/Program Managers support growth by providing analytical and strategic-thinking, as well as leadership and execution skills to deliver business process solutions to meet internal and external customer expectations/needs. Specific items include: Process improvement: Responsible for a range of process improvement and process management activities that lead to sales and account management effectiveness. Activities include planning, performing, and implementing process improvement initiatives, in addition to ownership of operational processes. Project management: Includes the planning and tracking of projects both (tactical and strategic), cost effectiveness, communication, risk analysis, quality assurance, team and vendor management, and implementation of highly visible, sensitive and multi-faceted projects. Identifies and resolves issues related to projects. Ensures assigned projects are delivered within scope, schedule, budget and quality levels are consistent with partner/customer expectations.Program management: In some instances, includes designing and leading programs associated with key sales and account management issues and opportunities. Key programs have significant impact on MSBD's ability to grow membership and deliver program effectiveness. Growth enablement: Position will manage and enable effective, compliant, productive, and strategic growth initiatives with internal and external sales and distribution channels, including, but not limited to, processes and systems.
- Manages complex projects or multiple projects of moderate complexity.
- Leverages knowledge and prior experience to develop appropriate solutions.
- Leads overall engagement work plan, and ensure that assigned tasks and responsibilities are accomplished in a timely manner.
- Plan, organize and control multiple responsibilities and resources to achieve project objectives with competing priorities.
- Recognize and anticipate scope issues and communicate to client and team changes to the work plan. Leads mitigation to address issues.
- Manages projects with little to no oversight.
- Demonstrate Execution Excellence through systematic thinking & approach:
- Manages to how one project or recommendation may impact or interfere with others.
- Demonstrates execution excellence. Establishes deliverable structure and content outline. Ensure deliverables meet business objectives, design specifications and quality standards. Build follow-up mechanism/maintenance plan into project deliverables to ensure that changes to be implemented will be sustainable.
- Leads change management efforts.
- Minimum seven (7) years of related experience.
- Master's degree in related field OR six (6) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Requires advanced and/or technical knowledge of own area of functional responsibility and working knowledge of multiple related functions.
- Minimum eight (8) years of related experience.
- Master's degree
- Health care or health insurance industry knowledge preferred.
Job Number: 633943