Sr. Manufacturing Excellence Consultant is responsible for executing the strategic goals of operational excellence within the Global Manufacturing segment of GPSC. They will provide operational excellence expert consultancy consisting of delivering business value through VIP Acceleration, Process Standardization, and Talent Development.
- Activities include but are not limited to the selection and development of resources, identifying, owning and tracking projects that directly support the GPSC global manufacturing, and global technical services strategies
- Works with multiple cross functional teams, business practitioners, and/or senior leaders and pursues independent actions to synthesize findings, develop improvement recommendations, and lead initiatives
- Demonstrates significant experience in applying world class best practices, process improvement tools and while producing results for our business segment
- Assesses current business performance against Cardinal Health's Medical Segment business strategy for a specific site, operational function or value stream improvements
- Gathers and interprets internal and external customer requirements for a segment or multi-segment process and establishes optimal process parameters
- Demonstrates experience in having responsibility year over year within broad organizational operational excellence improvement efforts
- Understands and can assess financial methodologies with long range cost reduction strategies
- Collaborates with suppliers on cross-organizational improvement opportunities
- Responsible for executing Medical Segment’s strategic goals, identifying, and solving complex problems and providing support and clear accountability to the Global Manufacturing Excellence team and stakeholders.
- Make independent assessments of current business and/or functional performance within the enterprise, using fact-based research techniques and maintaining performance improvement scorecards and industry benchmarking.
- Responsible for aligning with senior leadership and other key stakeholders to develop and implement performance improvement recommendations. The scope of the position is focused within Global Products and Supply Chain (GPSC), specifically supporting the Global Manufacturing segment and Technical Services organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required, advanced degree preferred
- 15 - 20 years experience in Manufacturing, Supply Chain and/or Operations
- 10 - 15 years experience in Kaizen processes, implementations, and improvement recommendations
- >7 years of project management experience strongly recommended
- 3- 5 years’ experience as a manufacturing plant manager
- Certification as a Black Belt strongly recommended
- Strong leadership, coaching, communication, and implementation skills required
- Experience with change management and influencing, negotiating and communicating across multiple organizational levels
- Travel up to 50-70% may be required
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Utilizes broad and deep Operational Excellence, Manufacturing, Engineering, and Global Supply Chain knowledge to implement industry accepted business practices, policies and procedures
- Lead or coach focused improvement activities and team to reduce or eliminate targeted losses.
- Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
- Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
- Projects are typically cross-functional, global and have significant and long-term impact
- Provides solutions which set precedent and replicate best practices both from within and outside of Cardinal Health
- Govern and monitor the effectiveness of management metrics; recommend and implement changes as needed to ensure business objectives are met
- Independently determines method for completion of new projects
- Receives guidance on overall project objectives
- Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues in Manufacturing Excellence Best practices.