Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
5 - 7 years
Posted 41 days ago
As a Senior Consultant for the Life Financial Communication team, the individual will be responsible for working alongside the Financial Management & Strategy (FM&S) team to take financial results or business-specific strategies and position them in a manner that can influence change and be easily understood by the intended audience. The individual will be expected to develop a solid understanding of underlying financial drivers and calculations in support of the Life Insurance financial review exhibits. The individual will work with subject matter experts to advise on a communication approach that resonates with the target audience, which could be external (Investors, Rating Agencies) or internal (Executive leadership team, Life Solutions and Financial Planning & Strategy leadership).
• To help the team deliver upon our mission statement: Deliver clear, concise and consistent information to our customer to inform, educate and empower insightful decisions
• Partner with Investor Relations and Life Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) teams throughout quarterly closes to develop the Life Insurance earnings story, corporate Q&A, quarterly press release and CEO/CFO talking points.
• Facilitate development and analysis of information to support earnings hot topics and investor meetings exhibits
• Lead the development of annual Investor Day presentations, Q&A and talking points through close partnership with Senior Management
• Collaborate with Corporate Communications to develop internal educational materials to promote financial awareness and strategic alignment of key FM&S priorities and quarterly earnings results
• Develop, in conjunction with FP&A, the 3-year financial plan presentation to the CEO/CFO
• Maintain a strong understanding of our peer carriers’ financial strategies and business commentary & results to inform and update Life Solutions and FP&A
• Identify how peer carriers’ financial strategies are impacting their results and support peer financial analysis requests
• Provide ad-hoc support to Life Solutions and FM&S on Senior Management presentations enabling the business to execute upon the financial and strategic priorities. Collaborate across Reinsurance, Valuation, Financial Planning, Pricing & Strategic Implementation
• Facilitate meetings and lead discussions with Senior Management covering quarter close materials and external presentation development.
• 4 Year/Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelors).
• 5-7+ years of financial or actuarial experience (or working closely with finance/actuarial SME’s)
• Experience within the Life Insurance business
• Experience working with senior management and developing their presentation story boards
• Excellent presentation skills, both in delivery and content development
• Experience working within all types of group dynamics and finding consensus
• Track record of simplifying complex analysis into an easily understandable output
• Track record of working under pressure and meeting short deadlines
• Track record of consistently meeting and/or exceeding performance expectations
• Has worked independently with a bias for action
• Understanding of financial statement
• Experience working with Tableau and Teamwork
• Strong Microsoft Office skills (Power point, excel, word, outlook)