The Senior Manager's primary responsibility is to provide consulting to a broad range of clients, including oil companies and financial services firms in the Americas. Successful colleagues will be able to sell, manage and deliver consulting projects using his/her mid/downstream experience and by leveraging base of market research and consulting knowledge base. Expertise and experience in crude and oil product storage and terminal operations are essential for this role to deliver market and technical assessments and transaction support projects. Broad knowledge in other downstream segments, especially in refining and trading, is strongly preferred. Projects typically require both market and technical assessments, asset valuation, etc. that support clients' decisions in acquisition, divestment or investment opportunities throughout the midstream and downstream sectors. Marketing expertise and himself/herself as an expert with professionalism is also essential. The colleague should also endeavor to build and nourish relationships with key industry contacts that utilize or could benefit from services. The colleague must be able to lead small consulting teams, work autonomously and be able to build working relationships with clients and within the organization.
· Self-motivated and able to effectively manage time and multiple projects, at times from remote locations
· Deliver and/or lead consulting activities related to market analysis utilizing existing integrated mid/downstream tools and databases
· Lead improvement efforts in internal databases, models, methodologies and analytical approaches, seeking on-going quality and efficiency enhancement in work products and value to IHS’ clients and potential clients.
· Develop business development opportunities for consulting engagements through relationship development and marketing activities. Cross-sell other IHS products and services via direct and indirect client contact.
· Be able to develop, negotiate and sell single client proposals. This requires clear written and verbal communications skills and analytical creativity to determine deliverables that best serves client needs and budget and maximize the opportunity and return.
· Provide project management expertise. Manage client expectations, scope, analysis and report generation required to satisfy consulting projects. Lead project teams to complete analysis and reports, at times from remote office location. Be able to write quality reports and deliver presentations to client that meet quality expectations.
· Maintain awareness of client activity so that conflicts of interest or the perception of conflicts of interests can be avoided, especially in transaction support projects. Maintain contact with IHS colleagues and participate in coordination calls and activities.
· Mentor and guide junior consultants in a collegial team environment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ten (10) or more years of relevant downstream industry consulting experience
- Deep experience in terminal operations, economics and planning with a thorough knowledge of downstream petroleum markets. Deep refining experience is a strong plus
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, engineering or industry-related fields required; graduate degreepreferred
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Proficient public speaker.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills. Experience in developing consulting methodologies and processes.
- A good understanding of how natural resources, political stability, and labor influence regional and global petroleum and energy markets.
- Cooperatively work across the organization at multi levels to efficiently and effectively utilize the resources and knowledge base available in a team approach.
- Communicating internationally with consultants in other world regions in multiple time zones effectively.
- Highly organized and creative with accomplished time and project management skills
- Flexibility for domestic and international travel. Travel will be 25% of the time
- Foreign language skills a plus