The objective of this role is to bring expertise to our Global Supply Chain by delivering our advanced analytic strategy which will deliver mission critical insights and data-driven decision making, reduce cost and complexity, increase customer responsiveness, and improve operational effectiveness and agility. The successful candidate will partner with colleagues across our Global Supply Chain, Commercial, Finance, Digital Technology Services (DTS) and Global Business Service (GBS) to execute global end-to-end supply chain advanced analytics to enable transformational business delivery. This role is expected to lead interactions with business leaders to identify opportunities to further analyses that help our businesses achieve their goals. This role requires strong influencing skills to deliver results across our global business teams as the role supports Global Process Owners (GPOs), Supply Chain Functional and Business Leads and our global Analytics and Insights teams. This role reports to the Director of GSC Data, Analytics & Insights and will co-champion our vision for advanced analytics and related change by assisting in the removal of both internal and external barriers to our transformational change.
- The role will drive Global Supply Chain transformation to forward looking / predictive and prescriptive analytics that define decisions needed.
- Creates customer focused practices while challenging paradigms.
- Work is strongly influenced by GSC strategies and transformation agenda.
- Along with the colleagues of the GSC Strategy team, the incumbent is responsible for providing a full range of analyses to improve K-C’s business results.
Project Aurora Supply Chain, Finance and GBS Capability Owners, Global Process Owners, Regional Subject Matter Experts, Global Centers of Expertise, Data and Analytics Governance Council, Global Supply Chain Functional (Logistics / Planning, Manufacturing, Procurement, Quality / Regulatory / Compliance, Environment Health Safety & Sustainability) and Project Aurora leads, Analytics & Insights teams, Commercial, GSC functional and regional teams, DTS, GBS, as well as external vendors and Customers. Our customers expect thought leadership, high quality analyses and insights to strengthen GSC position as an indispensable partner.
These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
Strategy / Alignment / Methodology
- Co-lead the creation of our advanced analytics strategy including an analytics roadmap to enable top tier predictive and prescriptive analyses and insights.
- Establish prioritized analytics transformation opportunities that are clearly tied to business value.
- Provide data science and analytics thought leadership to help our businesses define current and future business challenges, create solutions to address them, plan and execute the implementations.
- Champion the creation and execution of the latest tools & technologies (i.e. SQL, Tableau, PowerBI and AI/ML, et al) to drive simplification, standardization and automation to deliver value and faster decisions.
- Foster GSC capabilities by researching and adopting industry leading analytics while documenting best practices to share broadly across the global organization.
- Be able to explain analytics strategy and complexity in a way that is a compelling, easy to understand story relevant to the audience.
- Be a change agent, by defining new ways of developing product solutions containing internal and external data helping the organization become more effective, responsive and agile.
- Support strategic alignment: Ensure Global Supply Chain team is focused on solving the RIGHT and RELEVANT strategic problems that can create a step change in longer term business value.
- Deliver on analytics roadmap commitments by pushing beyond descriptive and diagnostic into , predictive and prescriptive.
- Support delivery of detailed, functional analytics that deliver business value.
- By using creative analytic tools, models and in-depth business knowledge, provide fact based/objective point of views and recommendations based on synthesis of insights generated from analysis. Facilitate problem solving and enable decision making.
- Research and synthesize data into critical insights by leveraging several sources of data internal and external, from primary and secondary sources.
- Collaborate across the enterprise to ensure that the design, execution, presentation, and distribution of actionable insights or data can be readily implemented.
- Lead our culture change to a forward looking, decision driven analytics mindset that embeds this capability, and ultimately delivers results for Supply Chain and Kimberly-Clark.
Coaching / Capability
- Consult and coach regional and global process teams, including leaders, to build analytics and deliver meaningful insight capabilities.
- Develop and execute next generation advanced analytics and insights generation training to empower and accelerate Kimberly-Clark’s full potential.
- BA or BS in Supply Chain Management, Operations Research, Computer / Data Science, Industrial Engineering or Strategy required; MBA or MS desired.
- Ideally 7-10 years of years of progressive work experience in business analytics within a function such as Supply Chain, Logistics, Finance or Operations with a history of demonstrated business success. Ideally 1-3 years leveraging data science analytics (regression, clustering, visualization, decision trees, descriptive statistics, deep learning, AI/ML) to solve complex business problems.
- Excellent analytical skills that leverage a suite of methodologies and tools (data mining, forecasting, predictive models, optimization, scenario analyses, gaming, etc.) to capture and transform data into relevant insights and provide the ability to make swift, holistic business decisions.
- Transformative Mindset: Willing to re-engineer processes from scratch; open to suggestions and experimentation; creates a learning environment leading to the most efficient and effective processes and analytics.
- Global Perspective: Looks toward the broadest possible view of an issue/challenge; has broad-ranging personal and business interests and pursuits; can easily pose future scenarios; can think globally; can discuss multiple aspects and impacts of issues and project them into the future.
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately and simply paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Strong project management skills with excellent organizational skills.
- Strong change management and influencing skills to overcome local and regional potential push for maintenance of the status quo. Demonstrated ability to lead, challenge and influence beyond authority.
- Resourceful and independent; thrives in a changing and dynamic work environment (adaptive to changing priorities, ability to work through ambiguity and adversity)
- Eagerly accepts stretch goals. Takes personal responsibility for decisions and delivering results.
- Demonstrated diversity and multi-cultural savvy; i.e. experience working and delivering results across businesses, functions, regions and countries.
- Maintains a positive work environment through collaboration, negotiation, conflict resolution and excellent listening skills.
- Consulting experience not required but will be considered a plus.
- Consumer goods experience not required but highly preferred.
- Fluent in English – Required (Additional languages a plus).
- Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. SAP experience preferred.
- Ability to travel by ground and air up to 25-50% (primarily international travel).