Senior Consultant: Global Business Services Outsourcing & Shared Services - Finance & Enterprise Performance
Our client is a major global multi-$BB management consulting firm involved in a dramatic expansion of their Strategy & Transformation Practice, specifically around the Shared Services and Financial Accounting/Strategic Engagement areas. Their clients are using Global Business Services (GBS) to create alignment among their business units. Instead of operating numerous shared service centers and managing outsourcing vendors separately, organizations can integrate governance, locations, and business practices across the enterprise to achieve transformative performance improvements. The firm is able to serve as a single enterprise organization or network that can drive collaboration and sharing to improve delivery efficiency, effectiveness, and business outcomes.
Nature of work:
Focus will be to help organizations create a single enterprise organization or network of Shared Services and Outsourcing relationships. Senior Consultants will synthesize overall strategy by analyzing a wide variety of solutions, selecting the most relevant tools/techniques to meet specific client requirements such as business case, pricing, or complex financial analysis, and interpreting and reporting on outputs.
Setting engagement objectives and scope; develop work plans for components of engagements, coordinate activities between work streams and identify changes in scope. Senior Consultants will also design deliverable content to precisely reflect the engagement contract and client needs and strive to improve deliverable quality through verification and validation of results.
This person will work closely with senior leaders in all functions, particularly in Procurement and Finance to ensure that rigorous documentation is kept, and value is tracked as agreed upon. Additionally, this individual will provide financial and analytical support for the Global Business Services organization.
Candidates should have relatively-recent prior 'Big Four'-caliber experience (Accenture, KPMG, E&Y, PWC, IBM, Genpact, Hackett Group, etc.)
* Must have subject matter expertise and demonstrated project experience within Shared Services, Outsourcing and/or Offshoring industry, or back-office functional optimization Core vs. Non-Core Assessments
* Understanding of vendor landscape
* Financial modeling and/or business case development
* Ability to analyze and apply outsourcing trends
* Ability to interact at all levels of the client organization
* Partner with business and finance stakeholders to ensure the accuracy and integrity of Business Optimization business cases and financial records. Ensure any relevant business case issues are identified, discussed, resolved, and documented appropriately
* Prepare and report the status of value drivers and cost savings opportunities and deliverables to Procurement, Finance, GBS and Business leadership including Executive Committee.
* Ensure close communication of business optimization results with Business partners, procurement, GBS and finance (both divisional, regional and corporate FPA)
* Produce financial results reporting on monthly/quarterly/annual basis and facilitate governance meetings to review those reports and facilitate any required follow-up actions
* Responsible for the thorough review of all GBS business cases/financial models and procurement savings to ensure accuracy of information and feasibility of savings.
* RPA / related technology experience
* 8+ years consulting/and or industry experience, or an MBA with 5+ years relevant work experience.
* Ability to travel 80-100%
* Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments.
* Relationships with various third party stakeholders like advisors and analysts
* Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint).
* Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
* An advanced degree
A successful candidate will possess the following key skills and competencies:
* Distinctive quantitative, critical thinking and modeling skills
* Advanced experience with Excel and PowerPoint. Ideally, systems experience with ERP (e.g. Oracle, etc.) plus Business Intelligence tools such as Qlik, Tableau, etc.
* Strong combination of financial, analytical and strategic skills
* Strong oral, presentation and written communications and the ability to build productive working relationships with various levels, functions and teams
* Ability to navigate and influence in a matrixed, unstructured environment
* Attention to detail, yet proven ability to maintain an "80/20" mindset
* Independent, out-of-the-box thinker with conviction of thought
* High sense of urgency with the ability to meet tight deadlines while maintaining the flexibility to adapt to changing priorities
* Personal drive and passion to understand the business
* Minimum 5 years relevant experience in Finance, accounting or audit.
* Specific experience with financial analysis and financial reporting of cross functional business optimization business cases project
* Proven leadership and interpersonal skills – the ability to collaborate well with others and work cross-functionally across the organization.
* Ability to work well in teams and to build organizational relationships across all levels of the organization.
* Strong analytic abilities and business acumen, including ability to tell an impactful story leveraging data, metrics, and visualization to establish recommendations and convey conclusions
* Decisive and accountable
* Comfort dealing with ambiguity and a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
* Aptitude for both strategic thinking and detail-oriented operational management
BS/BA or University degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business, or other relevant background. Advance degree or qualification preferred (CPA, MBA, CA or MS)