The Sr. Consultant, General Accounting is responsible for governance (over functions performed at both the corporate office and at the outsource provider site), accounting, analysis, reporting, and special projects. Responsibilities include the development and issuance of N. America reporting including P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow, and the accounting for payroll, benefits, incentives, risk management, investments & equity, legal provisions and various other asset and liability accounts in accordance with US GAAP.
This position will also be responsible for ensuring that the overall general ledger month-end close is completed timely and accurately, and for supporting the external audit function to ensure timely and accurate release of the Company’s financial statements.
- Bachelors Degree and 10 years experience
- Integrity, Leadership, Sound Judgment, Analytical Skills, Self Motivated, Persuasion and Influence, Time.
- Experience in Accounting or Finance
- 10 or more years diverse accounting experience.
- Prior leadership experience is preferred. Experience should include direct management or supervision of staff and a practical understanding of financial statements, accounting principles with a good understanding of US GAAP, month end close and audit cycle, and account reconciliation for moderate to highly complex accounts. Retail accounting experience a plus.
- CPA and/or MBA preferred
- Oracle experiencepreferred, or other ERP software systems.
- Above average computer skills and information systems proficiency and excellent Excel skills are required to include Pivot tables, Vlookups, formulas and functions.
- Ability to meet high deadline demands with accurate and timely information.
- Ability to review complex issues and make timely decisions on the impact of the financial statements.
- Ability to establish and strengthen relationships across organizational boundaries.
- Ability to motivate, drive and manage self and others.
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data, especially as it relates to budget-to-actual variances.
- Must be highly detail oriented, highly accurate, and a strong communicator.
Reference Number: 1248420