About This Role:
The Senior Consultant scopes and manages strategic marketing consulting projects, leveraging our published research on technology. We are looking for someone who has experience in campaign planning and management, demand strategy, buyer journey mapping, and persona development, with experience in working across the project lifecycle from inception to strategy development. An understanding and ability to operate across the revenue engine and buyer journey is ideal.
The ideal candidate has strong core management consulting skills, domain experience and expertise across a variety of industries in the above-referenced fields, and has worked in small, highly collaborative, client-focused teams. Candidates must be detail-oriented and a strong team player with superior written and verbal communication skills, innate intellectual curiosity, analytical capabilities, and very strong project and team management skills.
- Lead and deliver research-based consulting projects in a broad range of industries. This includes conducting intake interviews and client workshops, analyzing client data to evaluate client inputs, synthesizing conclusions, and developing recommendations.
- Manage consulting project delivery teams.
- Develop high-quality, well-structured, compelling, and impactful presentations and deliverables using PowerPoint and Excel.
- Present findings and recommendations to clients.
- Develop sample deliverables, frameworks, project plans, and associated marketing materials for repeatable consulting offerings.
- Partner with Forrester sales teams and consulting colleagues to identify prospects for consulting offerings and create proposals for clients.
- Establish and manage client expectations, communication, timelines, and deliverables, ensuring adherence to project commitments.
- Achieve personal revenue targets on a quarterly basis.
- Develop repeatable consulting offerings and tools based on our published methodologies.
- A strong academic record of achievement.
- Six to 10 years of work experience in management consulting and/or industry practitioner roles
- Specific experience in areas such as marketing transformation, tech stack, campaign planning, ABM and demand strategy, and product/portfolio marketing is preferred.
- Experience in managing teams and projects.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve key performance metrics such as utilization rates or revenue targets.
- Experience in engaging with senior-level business executives.
- Experience in preparing deliverables for clients, owning and delivering the finished product, and taking the outputs of workshops and creating client-facing deliverables.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and client-facing skills.
- Strong analytical capabilities.
- The ability to collaborate effectively with others.
- Experience in working with subject-matter experts with deep content knowledge.
- Experience in supporting consulting sales/business development.
- The ability to travel (approximately 10 days per month).