About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer's lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $238 billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2018.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees' futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
This position will provide subject matter expertise and direction on complex projects/initiatives for his/her assigned area(s) of IT Security responsibility. S/he will develop, analyze, enhance and execute processes, policies and governance artifacts, utilizing best practices, to ensure information security standards are documented and communicated. S/he will provide direction and guidance to internal stakeholders and team members concerning standards, related risks associated with audit findings and adherence to applicable procedures, regulations, and/or laws.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with senior management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Directs and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies and directs the implementation of process improvements that significantly improve quality across the team, department and/or business unit for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides subject matter expertise to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides direction on complex assignments, projects, and/or initiatives to build and enhance the capability of his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Develops, enhances, and reviews processes, policies and standards for IT Security. Includes working with IT Security peers and leadership to document requirements, policies and standards.
- Consults with management and appropriate stakeholders to elicit and validate complex policy and standards requirements.
- Enforces information security standards, policies and procedures within his/her assigned area(s) of IT Security responsibility.
- Collaborates with IT Security teams to resolve policy issues, as necessary.
- Provides direction and guidance as needed to Information Security personnel and the larger IT organization concerning Lincoln policy requirements.
- Escalates and communicates identified complex policy and related audit issues or risks to management as needed
- Functions as the primary point of contact for compliance and governance administration, including policies and standards, metrics, applicable to his/her assigned area of IT Security responsibility.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to manage annual IT Security audit responses and remediate deficiencies for his/her assigned area of responsibility.
- Develops and maintains metrics across IT Security tracking progress of the organization for senior management.
- Provides subject matter expertise and direction on complex governance matters.
- Collaborates and interacts effectively across IT Security, internal business lines and teams as part of steady state and continuous improvement opportunity identification.
- Researches and maintains current knowledge regarding information security issues, trends, and legislation related to information security area of responsibility.
- Reports status of engagements to Information Security management, project managers, and other business stakeholders as appropriate
ADDITIONAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carries out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines. Complies with all company and site policies and procedures.
- Remains current in profession and industry trends.
- Makes a positive contribution as demonstrated by: - Making suggestions for improvement - Learning new skills, procedures and processes
- Performs other duties as required
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's) in Information Systems, IT Audit, Information Security, Information Risk Management, or related field (Required)
- 2 - 3 Years of experience in IT Security, IT Audit or Information Risk Management (minimum 5 years professional experience) while displaying a willingness to adapt, develop and grow (Required)
- 5 – 7+ Years of experience in IT Security, IT Audit or Information Risk Management that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position (Preferred)
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret both internal and external documents such as general media/publications, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations, policies, proposals, and standard operating procedures.
- Confident, comfortable communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills with demonstrated ability to influence at all levels of management through clear, informed and logical discussions/presentations.
- Apply concepts such as probability, statistics, modeling, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical solutions.
- Works with mathematical concepts such as averages and/or variances.
- Ability to analyze complex information and to evaluate the implications of a course of action or solution.
- Ability to interpret and apply common sense understanding to carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Evaluate trends in data or information.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to perform under stress in cases of emergency, critical or hazardous situations.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and recommend processes improvements.
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. senior management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop creative and collaborative approaches.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
- Demonstrates strong project management leadership skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among senior/executive management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements.
- No Licensure or Certification Required.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 lbs
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle & feel & talk, hear & see.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk & reach with hands & arms.
- Employee must be able to work more than 40 hrs per week