The Operations Business Intelligence team is seeking a Sr. Consultant Business Intelligence. The ideal candidate will be self-paced with strong communication skills, Business Intelligence and delivery experience. The primary responsibility of this position will be to define requirements as well as lead the execution of Commercial Lines Business Intelligence Artifacts.
Candidates will need to be strong communicators and good listeners, which build relationships within the business and IT communities. They will need to think critically, present creative solutions to existing challenges and adapt quickly to a rapidly transforming environment.
- Influences the architecture, design, implementation of end-to end BI solutions and the required supporting architecture.
- Formulates and recommends standards for achieving maximum performance and efficiency of the DW ecosystem.
- Evangelize self-service BI and visual discovery while helping to change from legacy culture.
- Manage a team of around 3-5 full time resources, and vendor resources.
- Champion data quality, integrity and reliability throughout the department by designing and promoting best practices.
- Research and evaluate potential technology solutions to meet business needs
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders / data consumers and represent the data function and embrace Data Quality principles and client service.
- Analyze complex data sets to identify affected or in-scope populations for new projects. Support the delivery of new systems and system enhancements for the team including requirements, analysis and UAT
- Review and evaluate business and data flow processes. Understand key components of the data processing function and data consumers.
- Bachelors degree with 5 or more years of experience with business analysis, technology, or data.
- Ability to Prioritize work based on value, risk and dependencies
- Proficiency leveraging business applications such as Microsoft (Excel, access, etc.) and business objects to develop reporting
- Strong familiarity with data warehousing environments, specifically Oracle, SAS, and SQL Server (Teradata and Hadoop a plus)
- Strong familiarity with programming languages including, but not limited to: SQL, R, Python SAS.
- Strong familiarity with programming languages including, but not limited to SSAS, Tableau, SAP Business Objects.
- Experience managing a team is required
- Familiarity with Agile
- Development Lifecycle
- Insurance Product Knowledge
- Operations knowledge