Job Description Summary
Responsible for development of constructionloans through effective calling efforts on clients and prospects. Provides support for RBG front line units in the area of small to medium sized constructionloan development, underwriting, and provides construction lending expertise. This position is the most experienced level of relationship management and can be responsible for the largest and most complex constructionloans.
Essential Job Functions
1. Administers RBG line unit new constructionloan development (target loan size from $500,000 to $5 million), underwriting, and provides guidance on loan issues.
2. Works proactively with line units in the underwriting process. Advises on credit feasibility and discusses other issues as needed.
3. Facilitate the loan closing and funding process by working closely with Construction Loan Administration.
4. Recommends and implements strategic marketing tools for constructionloan products.
5. Evaluates and recommends business development strategy to the Division Head.
6. Frequently interacts and communicates with frontline personnel, Credit Administration, and Construction Loan Administration.
7. Evaluates line unit's portfolio maintenance and monitoring processes.
8. Ensures constructionloan meet Bank's guidelines and audit requirements.
9. May train less-experienced relationship managers.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in - Required
· Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience. Typically viewed as a specialist within discipline. May have broad knowledge of project management.
· Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
· Very proficient in construction lending (both residential and commercial, including marketing, underwriting, and loan closing) and commercial lending.
· Thorough understanding and knowledge of commercial credit related issues.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.